PDA

View Full Version : Dusters - California VS OXO.

Pages : [1] 2

supercharged
05-16-2006, 08:01 AM
Looking to get myself a duster... What would be a better way to go - Original California or OXO. Never had neither one...:confused:

JoeD
05-16-2006, 08:08 AM
I don't know about the OXO but do own the California Duster and Love It. Especially this time of year here in New England with the yellow pollen. Though it has been raining for over a week now. JoeD

BILL
05-16-2006, 08:09 AM
The original calif duster

http://www.autogeek.net/caldus.html

waddeym
05-16-2006, 08:39 AM
I have the Original California duster and it does an excellent job of getting rid of pollen. It also does very well at removing the fine dust generated by constant construction where I live.

cwcad
05-16-2006, 09:26 AM
I have both. nthey both do an excellent job on dust. The selling pooint for me over the other is that the OXO has a handle that will not scratch compared to the wooden one of the CCD. Hence I use the OXO more than the CCD. If one is careful you will not notice a difference. Woe to the accident that can happen when the CCD is dropped. Scratching may occur. The OXO handle will mitigate that possibility.

BILL
05-16-2006, 09:38 AM
Thanks a very good point.......don't drop your C.D. unless its on a soft pillow.....

supercharged
05-16-2006, 11:47 AM
I have both. nthey both do an excellent job on dust. The selling pooint for me over the other is that the OXO has a handle that will not scratch compared to the wooden one of the CCD. Hence I use the OXO more than the CCD. If one is careful you will not notice a difference. Woe to the accident that can happen when the CCD is dropped. Scratching may occur. The OXO handle will mitigate that possibility.
They both perform about the same results?

BritOn2wheels
05-16-2006, 01:02 PM
I've had a California Duster for some time now and love it for cleaning off the fine layer of pollen and dust that settles over time. Got mine with the plastic handle instead of wood, but the OXO with rubber handle would be a great alternative.

joe.p
05-16-2006, 03:44 PM
I like my wooden handle,but you make a very valid point.If that handle hits the hood or panels you'll be lucky to walk away with just a ding..

BlackCoupe
05-16-2006, 04:18 PM

Wish I could use a duster, or QD, but I am afraid of scratches and swirls. When is it ever "just dust"?

BILL
05-16-2006, 04:22 PM
Wish I could use a duster, or QD, but I am afraid of scratches and swirls. When is it ever "just dust"?

Anything under a day or night in an enclosed garage.........:)

ScottB
05-16-2006, 05:24 PM
Oxo gets my vote .... several years and counting.

No matter which you get allow it to sit on a newspaper for several days. They are loaded with Parrafin wax and will streak. You will be amazed at the transfer of oils and wax.

98bmw323is
05-16-2006, 07:48 PM
once you get it or after you use it?

BILL
05-16-2006, 08:03 PM

ONCE YOU GET IT FOR 24 HOURS FROM THE INSTRUCTIONS AS I REMEMBER THEM:)

ScottB
05-16-2006, 08:03 PM

best if done prior to first use. :cheers: