PDA

View Full Version : mercedes swirl marks won't remove

s500
06-07-2012, 08:24 PM
i have been trying to hit the swirl marks with m105 on an optimum cutting mf pad with the pc7424xp on speed 6 because it won't rotate on anything less and it is a 1999 mercedes s500. what could i try or do. the paint defenitly looks more clearer but the swirl mark are not being removed. i also have an orange ccs pad.

Mobile detail
06-07-2012, 09:42 PM
Pics would be helpful. Seems like everyone has paint questions today and no pics. What color is the Merc? First thing that comes to mind is a test spot and slower arm speed. After that you need to follow up M105 with a finer polish to remove the compound haze/lite swirls. Use a polishing pad or a light cutting pad and see if that makes a difference. Sometimes on some paints, M205 will cause more hazing then it clears up so you have to try different pads.

s500
06-07-2012, 09:48 PM
Pics would be helpful. Seems like everyone has paint questions today and no pics. What color is the Merc? First thing that comes to mind is a test spot and slower arm speed. After that you need to follow up M105 with a finer polish to remove the compound haze/lite swirls. Use a polishing pad or a light cutting pad and see if that makes a difference. Sometimes on some paints, M205 will cause more hazing then it clears up so you have to try different pads.
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/51244-mercedes-detail.html
heres my other post apparently its the start of clear coat failure.