PDA

View Full Version : Black Hole as a wax remover?

YankeeFan
06-07-2012, 06:49 AM
Just curious, if I use a glaze like Black Hole over a wax/sealant the cleaners would eventually remove all of the wax/sealant off........correct? So, theoretically if I use Black Hole for 2-3 weekends by the 3rd-4th weekend I can wash my car and begin polishing. Yes? No?

Thanks,
Howard

tuscarora dave
06-07-2012, 07:22 AM
Steve over at Poorboy's World always said that Black Hole has no real cleaning ability as far a having strong solvents in it, but it will still clean a bit. In combination with the media and process you use it will likely remove a wax. If you'll be machine applying it it will remove the wax and will likely work at removing a sealant as well.

truckbutt
06-07-2012, 08:22 AM
I think you are asking if repeated use of BHG will remove wax and sealant so you can polish. If so, you can just choose a polish with a mild abrasive like P085RD or M205 and that will remove all wax and sealant. Not sure why you would want to waste the BHG. Maybe I'm confused. The medication does that.

swanicyouth
06-07-2012, 08:39 AM
You can wash your car and begin polishing without removing the old wax or sealant. The act of polishing itself will remove it. BH won't remove wax or sealant.

ShaunD
06-07-2012, 08:53 AM
Yeah, I think this is kinda confusing with the common detailing mindset most of us have. If you are using a product in hope that is will remove your LSP then why wouldn't you just be polishing the paint over those 2-4 weekends that you are applying PBWBH?... If you are concerned with removing the LSP before polishing then I would clean the paint with a car shampoo like CG Citrus Wash, or something like GG paint prep. You can always do a APC wash to prep for polish or LSP.
Either way I would use the time or several weekends to actually polish the paint instead of applying BH or any LSP. That way you are working forward in progression and completing the car over several weekends rather than trying to tackle the whole thing in one weekend. Just one way to look at it.:)

Pockets@PoorboysWorld
06-07-2012, 09:38 AM
I would say it would eventually remove an LSP, simply because any type of abrasion while using a machine is going to work away at your LSP not that BH will take it off by itself.

But I'm with the others, just go ahead and polish the car and it will take away any LSP you had on it before :props:

-Chris

swanicyouth
06-07-2012, 10:14 AM
Either way, just use BH, it's pretty awesome. PB dressings are also great!

Pockets@PoorboysWorld
06-07-2012, 03:44 PM
Either way, just use BH, it's pretty awesome. PB dressings are also great!

Thanks! :buffing:

fightnews
09-25-2016, 12:09 PM
I would say it would eventually remove an LSP, simply because any type of abrasion while using a machine is going to work away at your LSP not that BH will take it off by itself.

But I'm with the others, just go ahead and polish the car and it will take away any LSP you had on it before :props:

-Chris

not sure if this account is still active but ive been wondering about this too. i put wolfgang deep gloss on my truck a couple weeks before i got my black hole glaze. i used the black hole over the paint sealant and i was wondering how much if any of the paint sealant it took off? i topped with more wax anyway but i was curious if the paint sealant is still there?