PDA

View Full Version : First time using CG car wash.

Spiney
06-07-2012, 12:45 AM
I bought Chemical Guys car wash on my last order because I read some good stuff about it and it was supposed to make lots of suds for little product. Don't know the exact name but it's blue in color and you mix 1 oz to 5 Gallons. Maybe I have a hard water issue though my wife and mother in law say we don't have hard water. It suds up pretty good while I filled the bucket. But after 2 dips with the mitt it went flat pretty fast. It was not near as sudsy as what I normally use, Meg's Gold Class wash. Any ideas what may be wrong. Or am I wrong to expect lots of suds from this product? Thanks, Spiney-Dave

faulksy
06-07-2012, 02:20 AM
Glossworkz? I find it doesn't sud as much as their citrus wash and gloss. I find suds are more a placebo effect

Spiney
06-07-2012, 02:44 AM
That's it, Glossworkz.

faulksy
06-07-2012, 04:06 AM
I'll use some Glossworkz over the weekend and post a pic of my suds so you can compare.

beantown
06-07-2012, 10:16 AM
Glossworkz? I find it doesn't sud as much as their citrus wash and gloss. I find suds are more a placebo effect

Good point. Suds do not necessarily equal a good product.
Take OPT No Rinse as an example.

Sent via Tapatalk

Jeff120
06-07-2012, 10:17 AM
Glossworkz is my least favorite CG shampoo, while it works and adds shine, its on a lower level the their other products.

Cman8
06-07-2012, 12:04 PM
^ agree. I like the citrus wash and gloss better. For extreme foam go with the honeydew, that stuff really clings when I apply it with my foam cannon.

Grifftech
06-07-2012, 12:22 PM
^ agree. I like the citrus wash and gloss better. For extreme foam go with the honeydew, that stuff really clings when I apply it with my foam cannon.

Pressure washer + MTM Hydro + Honeydew = INSANE SUDS!! I am going to rip through my gallon of Honeydew cause I just love sudsing :)

glenn l
06-07-2012, 05:59 PM
has any one tryed there maxi suds II?

Agfan
06-07-2012, 06:06 PM
Since when does suds mean something is good or not?

beantown
06-07-2012, 07:14 PM
Since when does suds mean something is good or not?

My point exactly.

Sent via Tapatalk

SON1C
06-07-2012, 08:29 PM
typically higher suds/longer lasting translates to a higher lubricity, sort of why my cg wash and gloss or wolfgang autobathe blow away megs in suds/lubricity, go pour a capful of megs gold class into a bucket with 4 gallons of water in it, do the same with cg wash and gloss, then go ahead and use 4 ozs as gold class is 1 oz to 1 gallon, and the capful of cg will still be crushing megs

faulksy
06-13-2012, 03:30 AM
You could use your APC to break down your wax before claying. Here is some promised pics of the suds

Mixed by hand with a quick blast with the hose
http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/8783/imagebof.jpg

Suds lasted through out the wash
http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/797/imageele.jpg

swanicyouth
06-13-2012, 06:36 AM
Also, I've noticed it depends how dirty the car is. If what your washing is really cruddy, like wheels, it will eat up suds faster than if your washing something pretty clean. I use Citrus Wash and Gloss and it does seem to make a ton on suds. By the time I'm done, the rinse water is as sudsy as the wash water, but my cars are never extremely dirty.

BobbyG
06-13-2012, 07:36 AM
We all have different opinions on what works and what doesn't. Personally, I'm a fan of suds, beer too but we're talking about car wash.

My take on car wash suds is they do a better job at floating then suspending dirt, debris, and other surface contaminates. Suds also seem naturally slippery providing further aid to keeping the finish from being scratched.

If suds are not the key to dissolving and floating surface contaminates harmlessly then what is the purpose behind Foam Guns and Foam Canons?

Although better than the alternative, doing nothing, waterless washes don't leave me with a very warm feeling. Wetting a dirty or dusty surface from a spray bottle then dragging this debris across a polished mirror finish just doesn't seem right....:dunno: