PDA

View Full Version : Removing wax by machine or by hand ?

arkus
06-06-2012, 04:37 PM
I have been removing wax by hand with a clean microfiber towel.
Just recently I have been removing it with a random orbital polisher and microfiber bonnet and love the results,
It is easier by machine and more through .
By machine it gets all of the wax off . No residue left behind , No haze left behind and the paint seems shinier .

What has been your experience with wax removal ?
Hand or machine and why :dblthumb2:

rider9195
06-06-2012, 04:39 PM
I prefer removing wax and sealants by hand. After polishing the paint to perfection I wouldn't want to put any more swirls in the paint.

arkus
06-06-2012, 05:36 PM
anyone else

Mobile detail
06-06-2012, 05:40 PM
Ill use a MF bonnet and my flex and love it. Its super quick and haven't had any problems. I feel it takes more of the wax off and leaves a shinney surface. Plus the cut down on time is great.

ScottB
06-06-2012, 06:26 PM
If you apply a wax or sealant properly (light thin even coating) then both ways seem to work well. The best bet is allow product to dry or cure as to manufacturers direction and then use whichever choice you prefer.

arkus
06-06-2012, 06:38 PM
Ill use a MF bonnet and my flex and love it. Its super quick and haven't had any problems. I feel it takes more of the wax off and leaves a shinney surface. Plus the cut down on time is great.

I agree 100% with your statement .
Its faster , easier , and it takes wax off better .
Im surprised more people don't prefer this way to remove wax.
I guess whatever works for you is best .
Especially on black and dark colors .

604_Snooze
06-06-2012, 07:00 PM
If you are using a machine to remove wax/sealant, how many bonnet do you guys usually use?

dpk20x
06-06-2012, 07:02 PM
What's a good color pad to use under a bonnet?

glen e
06-06-2012, 07:07 PM
I remove any products that create haze with a poly spray By hand.

The LSP sealants I use don't require final buffing.

arkus
06-06-2012, 07:25 PM
What's a good color pad to use under a bonnet?

I use a yellow or orange pad . I don't think it matters that much.
I basically want a firm pad under the microfiber bonnet .

How many bonnets per car ?
If you apply the wax super thin , 2 to 3 bonnets should be fine for an average size car .

fr0mastaj
06-06-2012, 07:51 PM
I use a yellow or orange pad . I don't think it matters that much.
I basically want a firm pad under the microfiber bonnet .

How many bonnets per car ?
If you apply the wax super thin , 2 to 3 bonnets should be fine for an average size car .
I thought AG recommended the opposite? Softest pad available to back it with? I've always used my red LC's on my Flex... Might have to try an orange and see how that works.

Mobile detail
06-06-2012, 08:26 PM
I'm not going to lie. I have on occasion, used only 1 bonnet to remove wax. I know I know shame on me but hey it worked and didn't leave any swirls.

As far as pad selection, I usually use an orange pad or I have even used a cheap lambswool bonnet under the MF bonnet. It kinda depends on the paint and what I have laying around. I don't think it makes a huge differece but I like having some "resistance" behind the MF bonnet to get the wax off.