PDA

View Full Version : Optimum Hyper Compound and PC

xfire
05-15-2006, 09:16 PM
Just wondering if it is safe to use this stuff with a PC. On autogeek.net, it seems to say that the hyper compound should be used only with a rotary, but I have a PC. Thanks!

flatstick
05-16-2006, 11:58 AM
There are people that have been using it on a PC with great results from what I have heard. the only downfall of the PC is that it takes a lot longer to break a product down. on the plus side the PC is safer in case of burning paint. have you tried the OPT compound or PBSSR 2.5. they can remove some nasty scratches and defects. it is also a good idea to use the least agressive product first. also consider what pad you are using, to give you more or less cut. hope this helped, lets see some :Picture:

ScottB
05-16-2006, 05:29 PM
There are people that have been using it on a PC with great results from what I have heard. the only downfall of the PC is that it takes a lot longer to break a product down. on the plus side the PC is safer in case of burning paint.

:iagree: :iagree:

It will need to be worked quite a bit longer than your average swirl remover, but you can also use with the PC.

xfire
05-16-2006, 06:41 PM
Thanks for the help! I use PB SSR 2.5 with a Sonus DAS light cutting pad on the PC, but for many vehicles it doesn't seem to have the bite I need, so I am looking elsewhere for more aggressive compounds without getting a rotary. FYI, if PB SSR 2.5 w/cutting pad doesn't work, I jump to Sonus SFX 1. But, I want to try something new instead of SFX 1. Any suggestions will be welcomed, as I am also not sure if Optimum Hyper Compound is as aggressive as SFX 1.