PDA

View Full Version : Life's a bummer....

Pages : [1] 2 3

Shakabruddah808
06-06-2012, 12:25 AM
I got some good news and some bad news. Good news is my first AG order is on its way and I should be receiving it by late Thursday.

What's in it? Just the bare essentials for starting off: BF rinseless, two grit guards, Lake Country 'Big Blue' sponge, and a detailer's spray bottle. Can
hardly wait to try 'em out!

The bad news? My condo's HOA does not allow car washing, even rinseless and waterless! And to top it all off we can't even wax/polish either! I've been here for five years and have unknowingly been in violation of "The Rules".

Now I gotta find someplace off property to detail my car. Only two places I can think of are local business parking lots early in the morning, or as my wife suggested, at her cousin's place which is clear across town!

Grrrrr! Stoopid rules!
:offtopic:

neat e34
06-06-2012, 01:42 AM
Wow, that's crazy...
With a hose & all I could understand, but rinseless & especially waterless (a spray bottle & a cloth) is just ridiculous!

Only other option is to go to a commercial DIY carwash, really early in the morning or really late at night (so you're not stopping paying customers from washing their cars...) & do it there...

RhetoricMixes
06-06-2012, 02:07 AM
Sorry but that sounds absolutely ridiculous! What kind off hoa doesn't even let you use a waterless? I can understand water restrictions if your using a hose but what kind of harm are you causing by putting 6 gallons or less in two buckets? Isn't there someone you could go to fight this?

neat e34
06-06-2012, 02:44 AM
:iagree:Also wondering if you can speak to someone else about this...

As I said in my previous post, for a normal wet wash it's understandable & even for a rinseless I can understand to a certain extent, but to say you can't use a waterless wash, wax or polish is just plain wrong... I would be furious! :mad:
Have you got a copy of this agreement in writing?

Maybe these people don't even know what waterless wash, wax or polish is? :dunno:
Sounds funny to us but I know people that wouldn't have a clue about any of that stuff (trying to educate them...)

BobbyG
06-06-2012, 05:59 AM
Do you live in North Korea??

If you've been unknowingly violating the rules for 5 years and no one's mentioned it yet then I'd continue....:props:

A-train
06-06-2012, 07:47 AM
I'm just trying to figure out what kind of HOA knows what a rinse less and waterless wash is, and how they know. These is fairly newer methods.

Setec Astronomy
06-06-2012, 08:04 AM
The great thing about rinseless/waterless is you can do it IN the garage...

Shakabruddah808
06-06-2012, 08:24 AM
Wow, that's crazy...
With a hose & all I could understand, but rinseless & especially waterless (a spray bottle & a cloth) is just ridiculous!

Only other option is to go to a commercial DIY carwash, really early in the morning or really late at night (so you're not stopping paying customers from washing their cars...) & do it there...

This condo has been around since the early '80's and many of the rules and regulations regarding car detailing have been built around the fact that car care products during those years were VERY bad for the environment.

Fast forward about 30 years. Car care technology has advanced by leaps and bounds. Whereas a waterless/rinseless wash was unheard of back then, is now quite common and even endorsed by some property HOA's around the country as a means of conserving water, and as a convenience to owners with no water hose access.

Unfortunately for me, my condo's HOA mindset is stuck in a time warp and they still think that it's the 1980's. Turtle Wax and Simoniz were 'Kings', smelled like (and probably contained) paint thinner. MTV was still brand new. ESPN was pay cable. Classic H5O was entering it's final season. You get my drift.

Maybe it's time I attended one of those HOA meetings and educated them on how much things have changed. Most, if not all, of the items sold by AG are fully VOC compliant, non-toxic, bio-degradable, and water based. So environment safety should be a virtual non-factor.

And I read a post that the average home owner uses up to 85 gallons of water per wash session. A waterless wash uses zero. Rinseless only 2 for the wash bucket, 4-5 for the rinse. That's only 6-7 gallons of water per vehicle!

I know that I'm probably preaching to the choir and all of you are fully aware of the inherent safety of today's car detailing products. I'm seriously thinking of writing a letter to the HOA and give them a piece of my mind.

:rulez:

Flash Gordon
06-06-2012, 08:27 AM
Sounds like Hell on Earth. Sell the place

Setec Astronomy
06-06-2012, 08:29 AM
Part of the reason for these rules is that in some people's minds, car washing is an activity that you partake in when you don't have enough money to go to the car wash, meaning you are a low-life, and they don't want low-life neighbors.

Just like I've heard of towns that ban the parking of commercial vehicles in view of the street--meaning if you are a plumber or an electrician or other contractor/tradesperson, we don't want to know about it--park your car behind the house where no one can see.

So good luck preaching safe chemicals to people who think you are lowering their property values by washing your car...how ghetto...

Bigbull2984
06-06-2012, 08:34 AM
I usually end up doing a rinseles at my parking garage at work. :dblthumb2:

So if you were to go outside with waterless in a spray bottle, what would they do??

Flash Gordon
06-06-2012, 08:37 AM

Do you have a Nazi HOA too?

Wonder if any other employess talk about you? Who cares, right?

maximus20895
06-06-2012, 09:24 AM
Do you have a Nazi HOA too?

I didn't know there were other types?

MI Mike
06-06-2012, 09:38 AM
Could you be more specific ? What does the hoa rule state ? It may only require that you address the hoa at one of the meetings. As other have said many years ago, soap could have been flowing all over the place or into their storm sewers, which caused a problem and damage to the property, etc. Also, if you have a garage you could be working inside !!!

Shakabruddah808
06-06-2012, 10:22 PM

So if you were to go outside with waterless in a spray bottle, what would they do??

Funny you should mention that. I've been waxing on-property since my wife and I first moved in. No one said anything about. Heck, our condo is in full view of the property mgr. He never said anything either.

What's my take? I was (and still am) a rule breaker. I always continue to push things until asked (or ordered) to stop. LOL

The heck with the rules. I am going to detail my car on property whether they like it or not. So there! *Chuckle*:

:nomore: