PDA

View Full Version : Removal of Aquapel

silvermesa
06-05-2012, 09:13 PM
I applied aquapel in January and a few weeks after application I noticed the aquapel appears to have broken up into little pieces the size of a pencil lead. There may be slight streaking but mainly a bunch of dots on the windshield when viewed in the sun.

I have my truck in the garage tomorrow for a paint correction and thought I should tackle this issue as well.

How do I remove this?

Thank you!

Flash Gordon
06-05-2012, 09:20 PM
I applied aquapel in January and a few weeks after application I noticed the aquapel appears to have broken up into little pieces the size of a pencil lead. There may be slight streaking but mainly a bunch of dots on the windshield when viewed in the sun.

I have my truck in the garage tomorrow for a paint correction and thought I should tackle this issue as well.

How do I remove this?

Thank you!

Those dots sound like your windshield is pitted. Have you been on the Interstate lately?

APC will rempove Aquapel

DARK HORSE
06-05-2012, 09:51 PM
You can polish your windshield just like paint. I like to use m105 and a cyan HT pad (remove any residue with IPA). Not only does this remove water spots, and get the windshield super clean, but it will also remove Aquapel. Weird, what you're describing above; as I've used Aquapel for years and have never seen what you've described...

FUNX650
06-05-2012, 11:36 PM
BonAmi will work wonders in removing Aquapel.

:)

Bob