PDA

View Full Version : Best air freshener?

pyles1735
06-05-2012, 08:14 PM
Any suggestions to make a car have a nice scent?

Sent from my Desire HD using AG Online

rider9195
06-05-2012, 08:20 PM
I really like the the Dakota Odor Bombs. There is also Poorboy's Air Fresheners and Chemical Guys Air Fresheners.

pyles1735
06-05-2012, 08:49 PM
How long they last though? And I thought Dakota bombs were just neutralizers.

Sent from my Desire HD using AG Online

RTexasF
06-05-2012, 08:53 PM
Poorboys Green Apple will delight your sniffer.

EricPerrier
06-05-2012, 08:54 PM
CG Stripper Scent FTW!

lucky472
06-05-2012, 09:00 PM
Agree with the stripper scent. I've tried a few different products and tend to keep going back to stripper scent. I only use about 4 squirts in the back of my car once a week or so. Just enough to keep it fresh without having too strong of a scent

ScottB
06-05-2012, 09:02 PM
Stripper Scent is pleasant enough for me and wifey too.

EricPerrier
06-05-2012, 09:04 PM
Its hard to say exactly what it smells like, there are hints of vanilla, but the name really does nail it lmao

cleanmycorolla
06-05-2012, 09:44 PM
CG SoFast odor and bacteria eliminator. Green apple scent. It really works and last a while, takes the odor of our dog after the park right out of the car!

Cman8
06-05-2012, 09:58 PM
PB vanilla smells good and last a week or so, the chemical guys smell great but don't last that long, the only one I haven't liked much from CG is watermelon which smells too artificial for my liking.

dnoraker
06-08-2012, 03:42 PM
Do any of you spray air freshener for the interior detail jobs? I never have unless it smells bad, in which case I use Meguiars odor eliminator spray. I also have used a Dakota smoke eliminator spray that works really well. I have a couple Dakota odor bombs, but I'm not real crazy about the scents.

I've been wanting to figure out the scents I've had in a couple cars I've owned. I bought a 45k car from a dealer when I was finishing college and I remember the scent lasting for months. It smelled so good I wanted to open the car just to smell it. Our current minivan when we bought it with 78k on it also smelled really good, and it still smells like that. However, I just shampooed the carpets for the first time a couple weeks back and it greatly diminished the scent. Are there air fresheners for extractors or to spray when extracting that last a long time? I want my Suburban with 117k to have a pleasing smell (it's currently fairly neutral) but I don't want to be spraying stuff in there every week. Just something really light. I normally use Meguiars APC+ on all my shampooing and it has a nice light fruity scent, but it's gone right away.