PDA

View Full Version : Klasse AIO/Glaze and other misc ?'s

FlawlessMustang
06-05-2012, 01:39 PM
Hello everybody!

I'm needing a few tips for when I have a full detail day after I receive my most recent order.

1. I have some bug spots on my front bumper and hood that will NOT come off. I used the Pinnacle clay kit before and still had bug remains on there. I've tried scrubbing a little harder when washing, using bug/tar remover, and claying, but I still cannot get it off. Could I just not be using the clay properly? It didn't feel as if there were any tension when rubbing over them with the clay. I also just purchased some of the CarPro TRIX tar/iron remover, do you think that should take care of the bugs along with claying?

2. I also just purchased the Klasse Glaze. I already have the AIO. I'm planning to layer the glaze, but I'll have to drive between layers. If I were to wash the car between each layer, will I still get the same effect? I'm hoping i'll be able to layer it, come back either later that day after 8 hours or the next day to layer.

3. How soon can I apply the Klasse Glaze after the AIO?

4. What would you say would be the optimal number of coats of Klasse Glaze and Pinnacle Souveran paste wax.

I'm planning on washing, claying the front, spraying it with TRIX, applying Klasse AIO, Klasse Glaze, then waxing. Just needing to know how long to wait mostly.

Thanks a lot for the help! By the way, thanks to everyone including Autogeek for making me spend 2 months worth of car payments on detailing accessories :dblthumb2:

rider9195
06-05-2012, 02:30 PM
It sounds like the bugs etched themselves into the clear coat. You will need an abrasive polish to remove it. You can try Klasse AIO, but if that doesn't work you can pick up some M205 or Meg's Ultimate Polish locally.

You need to allow the Klasse AIO cure for 12 hours before topping with Sealant Glaze.

Even though pinnacle souveran is a great product I wouldn't waste it over this combination. Plus I am not sure how well it will bond.

embolism
06-05-2012, 04:19 PM
KAIO doesn't need to cure, you can put the KSG on top immediately. The KSG should be left to cure for 12 hours btw layers or topping however.

Make sure you put the KSG on thin. Do a test spot to get a feel for how thin. If you can see it, it's too thick. Think windex evaporating from a glass surface. You should hardly have anything to wipe off afterwards.

Once that first coat is on then it's not as important to get subsequent layers thin.

You can top with Souveran for looks if you want but once you start topping, then you shouldn't really add more layers of KSG.

dennis5_0
06-05-2012, 04:40 PM
I was reading this article, thanks for the info, plan on using KLASSE AIO and Seal afterwards, now I know what to do, thanks.

Im the MANDennis

RZJZA80
06-05-2012, 04:51 PM
Yes you can apply KSG immediately after KAIO. KAIO SHOULD get the bug spots out, if it doesn't, try a more aggressive pad with it, if that doesn't work, you may need to compound it or it may just be etched into the clear and there's not you can do short of wetsanding. Wait a day or less to layer KSG, some detailers do 6 layers for best results, it's entirely up to you though. You can top that with whatever wax you like for added protection.

BobbyG
06-05-2012, 05:05 PM
Hello everybody!

I'm needing a few tips for when I have a full detail day after I receive my most recent order.

1. I have some bug spots on my front bumper and hood that will NOT come off. I used the Pinnacle clay kit before and still had bug remains on there. I've tried scrubbing a little harder when washing, using bug/tar remover, and claying, but I still cannot get it off. Could I just not be using the clay properly? It didn't feel as if there were any tension when rubbing over them with the clay. I also just purchased some of the CarPro TRIX tar/iron remover, do you think that should take care of the bugs along with claying?

CarPro Tar X is a glow-in-the-dark bug and tar remover made of natural solvents extracted from orange peels. Tar X safely lifts grease, tar, asphalt, insects, tire marks, adhesives, traffic film. and any other stubborn contaminants. There are no harsh chemical solvents and nothing to harm your vehicle.

CarPro Tar X Tar & Adhesive Remover (http://www.autogeek.net/carpro-tar-x-600ml.html)

2. I also just purchased the Klasse Glaze. I already have the AIO. I'm planning to layer the glaze, but I'll have to drive between layers. If I were to wash the car between each layer, will I still get the same effect? I'm hoping i'll be able to layer it, come back either later that day after 8 hours or the next day to layer.

3. How soon can I apply the Klasse Glaze after the AIO?

Klasse High Gloss Paint Sealant can be applied right after treating the finish with their all-in-one product. I would give the sealant 10 to 12 hours to properly cure prior to adding an additional coat of sealant or a coat of wax..

4. What would you say would be the optimal number of coats of Klasse Glaze and Pinnacle Souveran paste wax.

1 Sealant
1 Wax

I'm planning on washing, claying the front, spraying it with TRIX, applying Klasse AIO, Klasse Glaze, then waxing. Just needing to know how long to wait mostly.

Thanks a lot for the help! By the way, thanks to everyone including Autogeek for making me spend 2 months worth of car payments on detailing accessories :dblthumb2:

You're welcome! :props:

FlawlessMustang
06-05-2012, 05:18 PM
Hahaha thanks for all the answers BobbyG! Will the TRIX work the same as the Tar X? I sure hope so because it's already on the way lol. Should I wash between layering of the glaze? Also would you really only apply one coat of glaze and wax? I've read multiple coats are a lot better.

BobbyG
06-05-2012, 05:29 PM
Hahaha thanks for all the answers BobbyG! Will the TRIX work the same as the Tar X? I sure hope so because it's already on the way lol. Should I wash between layering of the glaze? Also would you really only apply one coat of glaze and wax? I've read multiple coats are a lot better.

It depends...

When you finish buffing the all-in-one product go right ahead and apply a coat of sealant, that's the way it's intended to be used. Once you've waited 12 hours or so for the sealant to cure determine if the surface is dusty and if so some rinseless wash is a great idea then dry.

Dust can potentially leave fine scratches when reapplying a product so it's a good idea to carefully remove it and floating it off is an ideal way to accomplish this goal...

I meant 1 additional coat of sealant topped with 1 coat of wax. Could you add more, sure, but I'm not convinced how much more it would bring to the game...It won't hurt! :props: