PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of trying Menzerna stuff, is it worth the price?

Pages : [1] 2 3

Grifftech
06-05-2012, 09:37 AM
I am thinking of changing my process to

SIP IS-1500
SF-4000
UF-4500
Finishing Glaze

Then go with
Blacklight
Carnuaba choice of the day
V7

I am wanting to try something new instead of the BFWDS

How does that look? For the Menzerna would you add or remove anything? This is for my daily driver that I like to keep in as top shape as possible. Think the IS-1500 is too much? Maybe the PF-2500 instead?

Thanks for any tips.

Mc'lovin
06-05-2012, 09:53 AM
What car will you be working on?

I'm not sure (and I am curious to hear what other more experienced detailers will have to say) but I think that if you're using Black Light + Wax, then there is no need for UF4500 and the finishing glaze.
SF4000 gives an amazing finish, and you can go straight after to Black Light.

Good luck!

Grifftech
06-05-2012, 09:57 AM
What car will you be working on?

I'm not sure (and I am curious to hear what other more experienced detailers will have to say) but I think that if you're using Black Light + Wax, then there is no need for UF4500 and the finishing glaze.
SF4000 gives an amazing finish, and you can go straight after to Black Light.

Good luck!

It is a 2011 Kona Blue Mustang GT

Grifftech
06-05-2012, 10:05 AM
What do you guys think of the Chemical Guys, polishes and correction products?

I am just tired of using SwirlX and Ultimate Compound and want to see if I can find something better, I just dont feel I get the results I want with those 2 Meguiar products.

Mike Phillips
06-05-2012, 10:16 AM
What do you guys think of the Chemical Guys, polishes and correction products?

I am just tired of using SwirlX and Ultimate Compound and want to see if I can find something better, I just dont feel I get the results I want with those 2 Meguiar products.

I worked for Meguiar's for 11 years. Been using their products since I was 17, love the products, the company and have a lot of very good friends at Meguiar's and no longer with Meguiar's but all in the car industry.

That said, Menzerna polishes are very good. You will not regret these three products in your detailing arsenal.

IS-1500
SF-4000
UF-4500

:)

crash93ssei
06-05-2012, 10:37 AM
Love my Menzerna polishes :buffing:

FPEvo
06-05-2012, 11:10 AM
I keep all Menzerna polishes, 105 and 205 in my detailing arsenal. With these i have been able to correct just about everything. Menzerna works great on really soft paints.

Grifftech
06-05-2012, 12:24 PM
Ok as for SwirlX and Ultimate Compound where would those line up with Menzerna products and how are they different from M105 and M205?

Mike Phillips
06-05-2012, 12:51 PM
Ok as for SwirlX and Ultimate Compound where would those line up with Menzerna products and how are they different from M105 and M205?

UC and SwirlX are SMAT products

Most if not all of Menzerna's current products are DAT products.

See my article here,

The SMAT Pack - Everything you ever wanted to know about Meguiar's SMAT products... (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/hot-topics-frequently-asked-questions/23561-smat-pack-everything-you-ever-wanted-know-about-meguiar-s-smat-products.html)

The Aggressiveness Order of SMAT Products - This might surprise you! (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/hot-topics-frequently-asked-questions/23583-aggressiveness-order-smat-products-might-surprise-you.html)

To be honest, it's best to have a good selection of product at hand and this way you have the ability to TEST to see which products work best on the paint system in front of you.

RTexasF
06-05-2012, 12:55 PM
Once I started using Menzerna polishes some years back I knew the hunt was over. Are they worth the price? YES!

BobbyG
06-05-2012, 01:09 PM
My most used products for paint correction and polishing are.....

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/BobbyG53/Detailing%20Supplies%202012/2012Collection_06.jpg

Grifftech
06-05-2012, 01:14 PM
UC and SwirlX are SMAT products

Most if not all of Menzerna's current products are DAT products.

See my article here,

The SMAT Pack - Everything you ever wanted to know about Meguiar's SMAT products... (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/hot-topics-frequently-asked-questions/23561-smat-pack-everything-you-ever-wanted-know-about-meguiar-s-smat-products.html)

The Aggressiveness Order of SMAT Products - This might surprise you! (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/hot-topics-frequently-asked-questions/23583-aggressiveness-order-smat-products-might-surprise-you.html)

To be honest, it's best to have a good selection of product at hand and this way you have the ability to TEST to see which products work best on the paint system in front of you.

wow, amazing information. I guess I am just stuck on the idea that if I can buy it at Auto Zone it can't be that good :)

mg6045
06-05-2012, 01:32 PM
I would recommend all the Menzerna product you listed EXCEPT the finishing GLaze. Its VERY oily and does not play well IME with any wax or sealant. The product really was designed for the paint shop environment as a last step product to apply to fresh paint. IMO it has no business in the cabinet of the enthusiast that has a new car with factory clear coat. Like I mentioned, its not a glaze like chemical guys, its a true body shop product to be used as a last step for temporary protection. I actually threw my bottle away a few years ago.

Also , like mentioned earlier, i personally thing the SF4000 is a more versatile product than the SF4500. Its very similar but has a better cut and the finish is equal. It works very well with a DA and you can use it as a 1 step.

Instead of the SF4500 I would recommend you get the Power Finish (PF2500). Thats a great 1 step product and fits inbetween the Super Intesive polish and SF4000.

mg6045
06-05-2012, 01:34 PM
I am thinking of changing my process to

SIP IS-1500
SF-4000
UF-4500
Finishing Glaze

Then go with
Blacklight
Carnuaba choice of the day
V7

I am wanting to try something new instead of the BFWDS

How does that look? For the Menzerna would you add or remove anything? This is for my daily driver that I like to keep in as top shape as possible. Think the IS-1500 is too much? Maybe the PF-2500 instead?

Thanks for any tips.

About your last sentence. I have an Audi with a very hard clear coat, and yes, I would say that if your car is new i'm betting the PF-2500 would be all that you need. I would recommend you get both PF and SIP, but try PF first. Theres no need to cut more than you need to and powerfinish removes swirls with EASE on my Audi. Also PF has zero dusting and SIP can dust some.

bobble
06-05-2012, 03:02 PM
Unless you have severe defects on your 2011 you wont need the IS1500. Add a sample of Wolfgang TSR to your order that should cover any small nasties.
If you plan on Blacklight V7 then skip any glaze period as Blacklight is redundant to the glaze.
Also I would do the Blacklight, V7 then the nuba not the way you have it (glaze, sealant,wax in that order).
And to answer your primary question yes Menz is worth it, I have 106, 203, 85RD along with Megs 105/205 and Wolfgang TSR(which is Menz) all at my use which covers just about any paint and any defect level. I use foam pads but have Surbuf's for those every so nasty little areas.