PDA

View Full Version : Maintenance and repair of cars?

George Brown
06-05-2012, 05:30 AM
Hello all,

Where is a website to go to to teach me of car maintenance and repairs. All the possible problems and troubleshooting that have to do with cars and trucks. Where the parts are and what each is used for. I want to learn all about cars.

Thanks a lot,
Grorge

shadowpr
06-05-2012, 05:55 AM
I usually just go to forums that deal with my specific car.

Mike Phillips
06-05-2012, 06:10 AM
Great question but you've never replied to any of the great help you've received from all your previous posts?

For everyone reading this into to the future, I wrote an article on how to check a person out by reading their posting history, here's the article,

Using a member's Posting History to find an answer (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/tips-techniques-how-articles-interacting-discussion-forums/30453-using-member-s-posting-history-find-answer.html)

The actual title should be,

Using a member's Posting History to check out their character

But I was being nice when I titled it. Often time when I find a problem person on any forum I'll check out their posting history and usually you can find out real fast what kind of person they are because people reveal their character by their words and the way they type them, not just what they type but by the way they type. If there is a pattern to be revealed it will be revealed.

I recommend to the rest of you, anytime you see someone that looks like they have some type of "agenda", simply read through their posting history on this forum or any other forum they hang out on and I guarantee you they will reveal themselves. Also remember, birds of a feather flock together.

This person has 5 posts, all of them strange questions for a "Detailing" forum and this person has not posted a single follow-up to any of their other threads. This tells me they really are not interested in the questions they are asking nor the answers they are getting.

Rarely does anyone join a forum under their first real or last name let alone both, so this also raises a flag.

Here's George's posting history to date,

Hello all,

I have a hw assignment and i know nothing about cars. I have to have at least Fifteen different car maintenance tips.

Thanks in advance,
George

Looks like you're really getting into cars!

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/off-topic/49478-what-effect-does-my-car-have-when-i-accelerate-too-fast-brake-hard.html

Hi all,

I just got my license few days ago and took my friends for a ride excited of course, so was going about 50km/h and just stepped hard on the gas pedal and made the car jerk forward a little bit with pretty loud rev sound(?) from the engine. I kind a felt I over-did my engine after I pulled off this Will my car break down faster than normal? What about stepping on the brakes hard? I didn't brake in all the way, but I stepped on it pretty hard couple times, So what effect will this have on the car?

Thanks a lot.
George

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/off-topic/49890-how-much-does-cost-repair-brakes-99-saturn.html

Hello friends,

I really need to repair the brake does anyone know how much it should cost, so I don't walk into a repair shop clueless.

Any advice you can give is appreciated!

Thanks
George Brown

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/off-topic/50503-fuel-injector-cleaning.html

Hello all,

I want to clean my four fuel injectors. Where can I go to get this done? How much is the usual cost to have this service done? And does it give you a lot better performance? Can I get it done at like a auto zone or major auto store?

Thanks a lot,
George

Not sure what George Brown is up to but it has nothing to do with learning more about detailing cars nor helping others to detail cars and that really only leaves a couple of other options.

Of course, the e-mail they signed up for also goes to their auto repair business including their website. Maybe I'll give them a call today and see what's up? Could be some guys kid having fun since the topic of homework was brought up.

:dunno:

Nappers
06-05-2012, 06:20 AM
I usually just go to forums that deal with my specific car.

I echo that. With my Yukon, I go to Full Size Chevy and GM-Trucks and Tahoe Yukon Forum.

Metro - Geo Metro Forum

etc etc

Those who have the cars are passionate and more than willing to help with the car, including maint.

Just look up your car.... * * forum and pick your forum that you like or look at a few and how they work. Some sites break down the generation of the car. The Tahoe Yukon forum that I use has the different generations of the GM line and help for those years.

I was once on a Ford Trucks forum for my Ex's Ford Aerostar and I was able to fix all the problems I had myself with their help and joining and searching the forum like here. One time the slider wouldn't open. They said take the door panel off, grab a linkage with a pair of vise grips and shake it back and forth until your nose bleeds, sure enough, about to pass out, the door popped open and then they go on to explain how to fix it. The slider componets were wore out.

Have fun.

Becciasm
06-05-2012, 08:47 AM
Of course, the e-mail they signed up for also goes to their auto repair business including their website. Maybe I'll give them a call today and see what's up? Could be some guys kid having fun since the topic of homework was brought up.

:dunno:

An auto repair business posting about where to go to repair/maintain a saturn? yup.