PDA

View Full Version : Vehicle graphics

ALLN1WASH
06-04-2012, 11:28 PM
Hey, what's up AG? Anyone on here have experience ordering vinyl graphics from an online company? Looking to get logo and lettering added to new rig.
Any info/contacts will definitely appreciated.Feed back please

Bates Detailing
06-05-2012, 12:01 AM
Got ours done at a local shop for 78 bucks give or take a couple dollars. Seems safer than ordering online IMO.

ALLN1WASH
06-05-2012, 12:42 AM
78 bucks? Dang dude... I wish that were the case for me also...
I actually got a $1200 quote today for a partial wrap on my van....

On my last van, I was able to hook up with a guy who worked with an online co. And was able to save some major cash. Only catch, I had to put it on myself, witch wasn't all that bad...

Just looking for a way to cut some of these cost...

Bates Detailing
06-05-2012, 02:12 AM
78 bucks? Dang dude... I wish that were the case for me also...
I actually got a $1200 quote today for a partial wrap on my van....

On my last van, I was able to hook up with a guy who worked with an online co. And was able to save some major cash. Only catch, I had to put it on myself, witch wasn't all that bad...

Just looking for a way to cut some of these cost...

Yeah man - a wrap can be expensive! This is what I got for 78 bucks - not much, but has been effective for sure ......

http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/z438/ourstar70/Testing/DSC04840.jpg

http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/z438/ourstar70/Testing/DSC04839.jpg

http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/z438/ourstar70/Testing/DSC04838.jpg

I can say that I am a bit worried about putting on graphics myself due to the cost and time of reprinting them :/ If everything goes as planned we will be getting 3 HHRs all rapped, but I can assure you that I will let an experienced individual do it lol! I think you could even trade a detail for a print and apply deal I think..... may be worth it?!?!?!

Bates Detailing
06-05-2012, 02:16 AM
Also - a way to cut cost I would imagine is to design a layout that requires only a few strips here and there that coordinate with the color of your work vehicle to appear as a wrap - I've seen a few well done ones around town, and Im sure it saved them tons.

SeaJay's
06-05-2012, 07:28 AM
I went to a local shop to do the logo on the rear of my HHR and it cost me $110 with the set up fee.

I never liked ordering logos or vinyl online cause you never know what type of quality your going to get. This way now when I have an issue or if a letter falls off I can go right to the guy and have him repair it right away. And usually he doesn't charge for the fix.

Wraps definitely are expensive though.

SeaJay's
06-05-2012, 07:29 AM
Yeah man - a wrap can be expensive! This is what I got for 78 bucks - not much, but has been effective for sure ......

http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/z438/ourstar70/Testing/DSC04840.jpg

http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/z438/ourstar70/Testing/DSC04839.jpg

http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/z438/ourstar70/Testing/DSC04838.jpg

I can say that I am a bit worried about putting on graphics myself due to the cost and time of reprinting them :/ If everything goes as planned we will be getting 3 HHRs all rapped, but I can assure you that I will let an experienced individual do it lol! I think you could even trade a detail for a print and apply deal I think..... may be worth it?!?!?!

Anthony looks like your bed cover could use a coat of wax....that water isn't beading up at all! lol jk. I know your way too busy to be concerned with your truck.

Bates Detailing
06-05-2012, 07:32 AM
Anthony looks like your bed cover could use a coat of wax....that water isn't beading up at all! lol jk. I know your way too busy to be concerned with your truck.

LOL - Yeah - work vehicles get hit last unfortunately when they should stay looking great :/ BUT I think we have time at the end of the week to do inventory and actually correct the truck :buffing: Then again, you know how that goes man!

Flannigan
06-05-2012, 07:33 AM
Personally I think the full wrap or partial wrap is more attention grabbing than just lettering. I see tons of vehicles everyday with just lettering on them, and I don't remember what they were advertising. But when I see a nicely wrapped vehicle I usually take notice and remember what it is. Just my .02.

That said, I got my Cube wrapped by a local sign shop and it was much cheaper than going to a place that specializes in wrapping vehicles since they could print everything in house. I'm not sure if it's a national chain, but it is called Fast Signs if you want to look into it.

SeaJay's
06-05-2012, 07:38 AM
LOL - Yeah - work vehicles get hit last unfortunately when they should stay looking great :/ BUT I think we have time at the end of the week to do inventory and actually correct the truck :buffing: Then again, you know how that goes man!

Yeah I hear you...of course this week it's raining every day...and I went from fully booked to 5 reschedules in 2 days...which is never fun. But still have some work to do.

Personally I think the full wrap or partial wrap is more attention grabbing than just lettering. I see tons of vehicles everyday with just lettering on them, and I don't remember what they were advertising. But when I see a nicely wrapped vehicle I usually take notice and remember what it is. Just my .02.

That said, I got my Cube wrapped by a local sign shop and it was much cheaper than going to a place that specializes in wrapping vehicles since they could print everything in house. I'm not sure if it's a national chain, but it is called Fast Signs if you want to look into it.

I agree I do love the look of a nice wrap. But they tend to be on the more expensive side. If your looking for something that's affordable and not going to break the bank lettering is the way to go.

I'd love to get my HHR wrapped but money just doesn't allow it right now.

Flannigan
06-05-2012, 07:43 AM
Yeah I hear you...of course this week it's raining every day...and I went from fully booked to 5 reschedules in 2 days...which is never fun. But still have some work to do.

I agree I do love the look of a nice wrap. But they tend to be on the more expensive side. If your looking for something that's affordable and not going to break the bank lettering is the way to go.

I'd love to get my HHR wrapped but money just doesn't allow it right now.
I'm with you, money is always tight around here. IIRC you have your logo on your window right? To me that certainly adds a good bit more than just letters. I think anything you can do to make your advertisement stick out to people is a good thing. :dblthumb2: