PDA

View Full Version : Buyer BEWARE

02heritage
06-04-2012, 08:01 PM
Tried the new "Gold Plush Micro-Chenille Wash Mitt". Mitt looks great, but I DO NOT RECOMMEND washing in a front load washer. Ordered one and the seam came apart after the first washing. Contacted AG and a new one was shipped out immediately, great customer service. I received the replacement and AGAIN after one washing the seam came apart. I believe that this is a good product, but DO NOT WASH IS A FRONT LOAD WASHER.

rider9195
06-04-2012, 08:09 PM
Hmm. Must be your washer. Mine is a year old and gets thrown in the washer every time. Still holding up.

timaishu
06-04-2012, 08:36 PM
I got the grey supreme one. I am sure they are exactly the same, just different color.

Mine has been washed in my front loader probably 5 times now and shows no signs of falling apart.

Buckskincolt
06-04-2012, 09:47 PM
Has got to be a manufacturing defect. I'd send them both back and have the good people at AG look them over. If there is a batch defect they will want to know!

02heritage
06-04-2012, 10:04 PM
AG is welcome to have it back. I am not even going to ask to have this one replaced. But I will find a different mitt to purchase.

chris.ganucheau
06-04-2012, 10:35 PM
i got the same mitt, an after about 4-5 washes the inside material came apart an the seem around the elastic came undone an now its pretty much useless.

mg6045
06-05-2012, 02:41 PM
The problem really is most of the new front load washers. There harsh on every material that has a lot of stitching. The barrells of the washer machine look like cheese graders. and anything with stitching gets taken apart fast. My front load is like this as well, and its very harsh on MF towel corners. Likes to pull them apart after one wash.

I may sound crazy , but i disagree that this is AG's fault. I wash all of my wash mitts by hand anyway. I treat them all like sheepkin mitts.

Also, if your blaming it on your front load washer, why are you writing BUYER BEWARE ? Usually those titles are deligated to people or companys that are ripping people off. AG already replaced one for you, and you should have learned not to put the second one in your harsh washer machine and maybe hand washed it.

RZJZA80
06-05-2012, 03:43 PM
If the problem was the washer, then all his clothes would be trashed in the same way. So it must be a bad run of the mitts or something, they should be durable enough to handle some abuse, they are wash mitts after all, not silk undies.

02heritage
06-05-2012, 04:11 PM
I titled it Buyer BEWARE to give others a warning to not wash these mitts in a HE washer. I wash all of my MF and mitts in the washer and until this one I have never had trouble. I DID SAY that it was probably the washer causing this. I do not wash ANY MF by hand and am not going to start now.

Capa1970
06-05-2012, 04:29 PM
Front load washers are suppose to be more gentle on clothes, towels and mitts because of the lack of an agitator than the traditional top load washer. Consumer Reports tests both types of washers and specifically tests "gentleness" and, while there are exceptions to every rule, front load washers are more gentle. More than likely your issue is with the mitt, possibly a bad batch.

RhetoricMixes
06-05-2012, 05:07 PM
Ive had this happen as well but only when i purchased a mitt that looked like that from a local store. After a few washes it tore from the side and i downgraded it to wheel duty. On another note though i purchased this one https://www.chemicalguys.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=MIC_493 and it is much better constructed although it is a similar design.

CharlieU
06-06-2012, 06:34 AM
I'll echo the bad batch theory. I have a black one that I use for the extra dirty jobs. I run it through two "heavy duty" wash cycles when I wash it and it's still in perfect condition.