PDA

View Full Version : help, How do I fix????

Calibmw23
06-04-2012, 07:05 PM
Someone hit my brothers car and he is asking me to try to fix it. Any ideas on where to start??? I'd like to avoid his having to go to a body shop. I have a sander and PC but don't want to start too aggressive.

BobbyG
06-04-2012, 07:17 PM
You'll need to feather the damaged areas smoothing the area to make it ready for refinishing. Painting the entire bumper is ideal because you'll have the opportunity to repair the damage then paint....

If you plan on repairing it on the car be sure you mask off adjacent panels as not to accidentally damage them...:dblthumb2:

Removing the skin from the car makes refinishing a lot easier and convenient...:props:

DLaw
06-04-2012, 07:17 PM
That's gonna need a repaint.

Sent from my iPhone using AG Online

Calibmw23
06-04-2012, 07:20 PM
Whats the best way to start "feathering" the damaged area?

You'll need to feather the damaged areas smoothing the area to make it ready for refinishing. Painting the entire bumper is ideal because you'll have the opportunity to repair the damage then paint....

If you plan on repairing it on the car be sure you mask off adjacent panels as not to accidentally damage them...:dblthumb2:

Removing the skin from the car makes refinishing a lot easier and convenient...:props:

Jaretr1
06-04-2012, 08:21 PM
You can try just going at it with a compound to get whatever is on the surface off. All the deeper scratches cant be fixed without repainting unfortunately.

Calibmw23
06-04-2012, 08:40 PM
Wet sanding wouldn't work?

You can try just going at it with a compound to get whatever is on the surface off. All the deeper scratches cant be fixed without repainting unfortunately.

Calibmw23
06-04-2012, 09:09 PM
Whats the best way to do that? I see a few websites that offer the paint and spray can, any recommendations?

That's gonna need a repaint.

Sent from my iPhone using AG Online