PDA

View Full Version : Review:DP Xtreme Foam Formula Auto Shampoo

Black Diamond
03-27-2007, 06:59 PM
Let me start off with saying that is my first use with a foam gun and I am quite impressed.

I used this basically because there was a lot of dust and pollen on my truck from doing yard work today. The truck was not very dirty to start with, but the dust was very noticeable on my black truck.

First Impression: Out of the bottle, this is a thick gel. I mixed it according to directions, 2 oz. DP Xterme to 6-8 oz. of water. When I added the water, the gel remained at the bottom of the measuring cup. I used my fingers to mix the solution. Poured it into the Foam gun container, then shook it up well.

Use of product: Turned on the hose and let her rip! I was amazed at the amount of foam that the gun produced. My black Truck turned completely white! I then rinsed the entire truck and pulled her into the garage for drying. I have to say that I was also impressed when I dried the truck. The surface felt slick and the water came off easily with a waffle weave towel. No streaking. I did notice a couple of water spots starting to form towards the end of the drying process.

Final Impression: I really like this product and it performed as described. It left a nice shine. I just wish that there might be some additional water softeners in the product to prevent any water spots.

Conclusion: I do recommend this product. Try it! You will like it!

justin_murphy
03-27-2007, 07:08 PM
Nice. So you didn't even have to manually wash by hand? I bet not since all you were doing was just knocking the pollen off.

How was it's cleaning ability?

trhland
03-27-2007, 07:09 PM
thanks for the write up on that!!

Nuke33
03-27-2007, 07:14 PM
I want to get a foam gun

Black Diamond
03-27-2007, 07:15 PM
Cleaning ability was good considering all I wanted to do is get the dust and pollen off. I really didn't notice any kind of dirt build up on my drying towel either. Next time I will use it for it's intended use and report back.

HighEndDetail
03-27-2007, 07:39 PM
Thanks for your thoughts on it. I was looking at it the other day on AG to order some

Surfer
03-27-2007, 07:43 PM
I think its a good soap to, has a nice mint smell and I don't even like mints, smells like Spearment gum lol. Still prefer Duragloss 901 or Poorboys SSS. I once mixed all 3 together, came out nice lol.

supercharged
03-27-2007, 09:32 PM
DP Xtreme foam formula is one of the best soaps for the foam gun.

nick19
03-27-2007, 09:34 PM
DP's 4-in-1 works good as a water softner. As does Meg's NXT. But NXT is a harsher soap.

mingraygt
03-31-2007, 10:28 PM
I have the half gallon so I wonder if it would still take the 2oz or more of soap since it is bigger??
Thanks Ryan

ScottB
04-01-2007, 10:33 AM
In direct sunlight you might see some streaking, its a great soap with decent cleaning ability and lots of long term foam, but wash it off quickly to avoid the streaking that appears associated with heat and direct sunlight.