PDA

View Full Version : selling on ebay

timaishu
06-03-2012, 11:54 PM
I have a few things listed on ebay. I was talking about prices with my brother and he told me it is best to start at $0.99 because it will garner more interest and people will probably bid more.

I have always started at the minimum that I would take and I always get bids. Im always afraid that it would be the one time where only 1 person ever bids and they practically steal my item for a buck.

Im curious if anyone else has any thoughts on this.

brlukosk
06-03-2012, 11:59 PM
I always start on the least I'd take for it. If it's worth selling, people will bid.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

DealerDetailer
06-04-2012, 12:19 AM
I always start on the least I'd take for it. If it's worth selling, people will bid.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Couldn't agree more!

I'm always around on ebay...

I have sold countless things on it including my old boss's truck: The most expensive thing I have sold so far on ebay, $17K

dwlinc23
06-04-2012, 12:36 AM
Start at the least you'd sell it for, then your guaranteed your minimum if it sells. Good luck.

AutowerxDetailing
06-04-2012, 12:42 AM
I've heard the .99 cent thing too but I'm starting to think that's just something eBay made up to get people to list things for dirt cheap to direct more traffic to their website for cheap deals. I would just place the starting bid at the least you want for it.