PDA

View Full Version : Looking to keep it clean

02DWB
06-03-2012, 03:46 PM
Hi! I just bought a 2012 Mazda 3 in Mica black and looking to keep it clean. The interior is cloth and need some info on things that would protect it. Thinking Scotch Gaurd? So far Ive bough basic detailing stuff (soap, Wax, ect.) Ive also got a Portercable. Havent been able to use it since my only car was a Jeep that I offroaded.

So.. Thoughts? Possible products?

I also live in an apartment complex so I dont have a hose to use a foamer.

Thanks!

BobbyG
06-03-2012, 06:09 PM
A rinseless wash is an ideal candidate for your situation. A product I like to use is DP Rinseless Wash & Gloss.

Interior - Ultima Interior Guard Plus

Vegas Transplant
06-03-2012, 07:19 PM
Hmmm, new car, apt. complex...rinseless wash + OOS/OCW.
Scotch Guard set the industry standard IMHO.

02DWB
06-04-2012, 01:11 PM
oosc/ocw?

07gtcs
06-04-2012, 01:21 PM
Black Fire Rinseless Wash and or the Waterless Wash for the light cleaning Days.

02DWB
06-04-2012, 01:28 PM
For wax I have the Mequires Gold Class then Natural shine for the inside and Invisible glass for the windows.

wysiwyg
06-04-2012, 01:30 PM
oosc/ocw?

Optimum Opti Seal and Optimum Car Wax.

I like Optimum No Rinse (ONR) for my rinseless wash. Use two gallons of water in a bucket with 1oz of ONR. If my vehicle is fairly dirty, I use a Home Depot 1 gallon bug sprayer with an ONR solution to pre-soak the panels. It works well to loosen the dirt.

I also use Ultima Waterless Wash Plus (UWWP) for waterless washes when my vehicles are not very dirty. UWWP leaves a great shine and slick surface. It's a great way to maintain a vehicle between washes. I've also found UWWP does great at removing bug remnants. Spray UWWP on the bumper, let it soak for a minute or so, and the bug remnants easily wipe off.

I been using OCW in lieu of a traditional wax. It's very easy to use - spray on and wipe off leaving a nice shine. Since it does not stain trim, I also use it on my trim pieces because of the UV protection OCW provides.

Since water restrictions are in effect quite often in my area, a traditional wash is not an option. The above products provide a great way to keep my vehicles clean and looking good.

02DWB
06-04-2012, 01:31 PM
There is a car wash down the street. I know not to use the brush but what about the sprayer? Then I usually hand wash the car.

BWG707
06-04-2012, 01:57 PM
Areospace 303 High Tech Fabric Guard works great. It's actually hard to press water into my upholstery. Very water repellent.

02DWB
06-04-2012, 06:39 PM
Would the Aerospace 303 work on seats? Says its for convertible tops

02DWB
06-04-2012, 08:22 PM
Also what are some good OTC products? For some reason Im a REAL big fan of Mequiars. Used their stuff on my old DD Ranger.

P.S. Ive been on alot of forums and alot of people say use the search function and trust me Im hunting around.