PDA

View Full Version : Personal Stash Versus Commercial Products?

HSJ
06-03-2012, 11:47 AM
Here's a noob question: Do you have your own special stash of polishes/waxes etc. that you use on your own rides and save other products for customer cars? Is there much of a difference between "show car" products and the stuff used in commercial operations ie: longentivity, cost, profit maximization? If so what are some good examples?

Infinitiman
06-03-2012, 12:35 PM
Here's a noob question: Do you have your own special stash of polishes/waxes etc. that you use on your own rides and save other products for customer cars?

Just my two cents worth, I believe they are the same, I would not use a product on someone else's car that I would not use on my own. Top quality all the way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

AutowerxDetailing
06-03-2012, 12:40 PM
Just my two cents worth, I believe they are the same, I would not use a product on someone else's car that I would not use on my own. Top quality all the way.

I agree. I will often test new products on my personal vehicles before I consider them fit for duty on my customer's vehicles.

Kaiser37
06-03-2012, 12:51 PM
I agree with the last two comments. Or, I could have more expensive wax's that I use on my car, but I would still offer them to customers but for a price.

Wheelzntoys
06-03-2012, 02:22 PM
Fuzion for my personal and BFWD or FK1000p for friends and family.

If I was to charge, then premium wax is an up charge.

bmwgalore
06-03-2012, 02:24 PM
Fuzion for my personal and BFWD or FK1000p for friends and family.

If I was to charge, then premium wax is an up charge.

I much prefer FK1000p over Fuzion...

rider9195
06-03-2012, 03:06 PM
Nope. Use the same products on my personal vehicle and customers cars. They need the best looking car as well.

ziggo99
06-03-2012, 04:18 PM
Yes. I keep some one off and boutiques waxes that I'll apply to a my car or by best bro's car. Customers still get quality products, and I'll use them on my car too. But I like that secret stash.