PDA

View Full Version : Meg's APC leaking

KillaCam
06-02-2012, 08:03 PM
A while ago I bought a gallon of Meguiars APC and APC+. I have only used to APC+, haven't even touched the regular APC. I have always noticed that the APC gallon jug had a thin layer of crust at the bottom, sort of looks like what gets on car battery terminals..

I figured out that the bottle has been slowly leaking out product all over my floor in the garage. I can't seem to find the spot where it's coming out, since it must be small. But the bottle has lost probably around 20 oz. of product already and is getting the garage floor filthy.

Has this happened to anyone else? I don't know what other type of container I should put it in or if I should try sealing the bottom of the jug with tape. Opinions? I don't want to lose all this product while destroying my floor in the process.

swanicyouth
06-02-2012, 08:12 PM
Empty milk jug?

KillaCam
06-02-2012, 08:13 PM
I wasn't sure what types of containers would hold this product since it's pretty strong. Would a milk jug work?

Sunshyne
06-02-2012, 08:17 PM
mine leaks too, really is random and I cant find the leak. I too need to find a different container

siberianrunner
06-02-2012, 08:29 PM
I've had APC's and tire treatments leak from the top of spray bottles that I believe may have been due to changes in room temperature here in MN.

KillaCam
06-02-2012, 08:56 PM
This is definitely a leak from the bottom. The jug of apc+ doesn't have this problem. And, it's not a spray bottle. I actually just now opened the jug today to let it expand to normal size since it was collapsing from losing product from the leak.

jfelbab
06-03-2012, 07:20 AM
Call Meg's and they will usually take care of any problem you have with their products. 1-888-888-3143 in the US.

KillaCam
06-03-2012, 11:25 AM
Thanks I will try that.