PDA

View Full Version : Working With Gloves?

Pages : [1] 2

HSJ
06-02-2012, 10:55 AM
What products require the usage of nitrile gloves?

bmwgalore
06-02-2012, 10:58 AM
I do everything with gloves, from the inspection to final wipe... Don't feel like touching others people crap, specially interior.

rider9195
06-02-2012, 11:02 AM
Anytime I am using an All Purpose Cleaner, claying, IronX, and especially interiors. After some details my hands would be so dry it would take a couple of days to get back to normal. Wearing gloves is definitely worth it.

RMM
06-02-2012, 11:09 AM
I tend to do almost everything with gloves (especially when cleaning dirty spots, such as the wheels) but it is not mandatory.
However, if you are using very agressive products, like Meguiar's Wheel Brightener, you should wear them.

MI Mike
06-02-2012, 11:50 AM
Anything and Everything. If you read the product contents list. You will be wearing gloves for all work. In fact if you have ever held onto a microfiber towel for a long time you will even notice that your hand's seem to be drying and chap. If in doubt wear the gloves. Safety first, style second.

BobbyG
06-02-2012, 11:57 AM
Most everything except a general wash....

BWG707
06-02-2012, 01:26 PM
I use dishwashing gloves or nitrile gloves when washing exterior. When just detailing I use mechanics gloves. I always keep a pair of mechanics gloves in the car for cleaning bugs/bird droppings when on road trips and the rare occasion when I need to install chains.

AutowerxDetailing
06-02-2012, 01:32 PM
I almost never use gloves except when I am cleaning wheels. I used to wear gloves for everything but they would always rip and get my hands all wet/dirty anyway.

BucboyInPa
06-02-2012, 01:43 PM
Everything I do in detailing a car,I am wearing my gloves.

Webb
06-02-2012, 01:53 PM
No gloves.Once I filled a empty bottle of Gatorade with fantastic,forgot about it then the next day working out I drank it,not the whole thing,just a gulp.Never got sick,didn't go to the hospital.SO I guess I'm okay with little chemical splash on my hands.

Ted S.
06-02-2012, 02:04 PM
Whatever your comfort zone is. Some products contain petroleum distillants, and some are either fairly acidic or alkaline.

I've been trying to get in the habit of using gloves more and more often. I've made enough stupid decisions with my own health and safety over the past five years that I'm trying to do damage control nowadays. But practiced habits die hard. I will go out and forget to wear gloves with some of the harsher chemicals all of the time, but I'm getting better about it.

A few more "pros" when it comes to nitrile gloves is they keep your hands clean, and they prevent the oils that are on your hands from contaminating surfaces while detailing.:props:

I'm trying to set aside enough money for a respirator, which is the next thing on my safety supplies list.

Infinitiman
06-02-2012, 02:13 PM
Because of where I work, I am all ways handling brown boxes which causes my skin on my hands to dry and peel, the entire palm of my hand and fingers do it. So I wear gloves for everything except for wash and dry.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

beantown
06-02-2012, 04:17 PM
No gloves.Once I filled a empty bottle of Gatorade with fantastic,forgot about it then the next day working out I drank it,not the whole thing,just a gulp.Never got sick,didn't go to the hospital.SO I guess I'm okay with little chemical splash on my hands.

But unfortunately, you've lost your sense of sense of smell and taste...

Sent via Tapatalk

ziggo99
06-02-2012, 04:24 PM
I went six months without gloves. I just didn't have any and tried to keep the chemicals off my hands as much as possible. Then I placed an order and got the black nitrile gloves sample pack. Oh my...I can't do anything without gloves now, not even a wash. For some reason the CG soaps make my hands itch really badly, so I gotta keep the gloves on. I just wish they came up a bit more on the arm.

beantown
06-02-2012, 05:25 PM
I went six months without gloves. I just didn't have any and tried to keep the chemicals off my hands as much as possible. Then I placed an order and got the black nitrile gloves sample pack. Oh my...I can't do anything without gloves now, not even a wash. For some reason the CG soaps make my hands itch really badly, so I gotta keep the gloves on. I just wish they came up a bit more on the arm.

FYI - not sure if you have a Harbor Freight in your area, but they have great prices in nitrile gloves.

They sell medium duty box of 100 for $6-7. Whenever i can get to one of their stores I usually pick up 2-3 boxes.

Sent via Tapatalk