PDA

View Full Version : Newbie what dilutions should I make with APC & ONR?

Pages : [1] 2

Spiney
06-02-2012, 12:22 AM
Among my recent order I purchased for the first time a jug of Meg's APC and 32 oz ONR. I also picked up some Zep spray bottles at HD today.

I'm new to both products. I expect to use the APC for engine detailing, cleaning my leather interior?, jams etc. How many different spray bottles of dilutions should I make up?

For the ONR basically same question. Expect to use it as clay lube, QD, waterless wash?

I'm unaware of all the variety of uses for both these products. Thanks much, Spiney-Dave

RhetoricMixes
06-02-2012, 12:54 AM
I always make dilute my apc's as follows:
20:1 for interior cleaning
10:1 for jambs and wheel cleaning (if my regular wheel cleaner doesn't get the job done)
5:1 for engine degreaser

As far as ONR is concerned, if your using a 32oz bottle you only need .5oz of ONR then full the rest with water to make a clay lube solution. I don't use ONR as a quick detailed so I'm not sure of its dilution for a 32oz bottle.oz

Bigbull2984
06-02-2012, 01:14 AM
Onr, you want to use 2 onces for qd, or waterless.

Dugdug
06-02-2012, 01:22 AM
I use about 4oz onr to a 24oz bottle for lube and qd

Mc'lovin
06-02-2012, 02:20 AM
I always make dilute my apc's as follows:
20:1 for interior cleaning
10:1 for jambs and wheel cleaning (if my regular wheel cleaner doesn't get the job done)
5:1 for engine degreaser

Couid you clarify something for me, I tried to look for this information but all of the posts I've come up with say something different.

When you write, for example "10:1", do you mean that for every portion of the product you add 10 or 9 more portions of water?

Thank you!

faulksy
06-02-2012, 02:40 AM
Yes the larger number is parts of water. Most people have 10:1 for general cleaning and 4:1 for heavier cleaning. That's what I use but 20:1 as suggested is enough for light cleaning as suggested

BobbyG
06-02-2012, 05:22 AM
Hi Dave,

The guys have you basically covered on the all purpose cleaner.

No rinse washes have a variety of uses and the great part is they list them and their dilutions on the bottle and the page....

DP Rinseless Wash & Gloss, no rinse car wash, concentrated no rinse wash, quick detail spray, waterless wash (http://www.autogeek.net/dp-rinseless-four-in-one.html)

dad07
06-02-2012, 07:15 AM
Follow Manufactuers directions for use is always a good starting point.

I use Megs at 4:1 for the heavy stuff

and 10:1 for general cleaning.

Also the link below will help in try to figure out how oz of product you need to mix in.

Enviro-One Dilution Calculator (http://www.enviro-one.com/calculator.asp)

vet
06-02-2012, 08:00 AM
I always use distilled water, and follow manufacurer's recommendations.

van185
06-02-2012, 08:18 AM
Thanks dad07 the caluclator tool is great!

RhetoricMixes
06-02-2012, 12:51 PM
Follow Manufactuers directions for use is always a good starting point.

I use Megs at 4:1 for the heavy stuff

and 10:1 for general cleaning.

Also the link below will help in try to figure out how oz of product you need to mix in.

Enviro-One Dilution Calculator (http://www.enviro-one.com/calculator.asp)

If you dont have access to a phone or website for some reason when on a job this is how i always make my dilutions: For example if you want to use something at 10:1 just add 10+1 and then divide that number by however many ounces your bottle is that your using. So for a 32oz bottle it would be 32 divided by 11 = 2.9oz of product and the rest of the bottle water.

RhetoricMixes
06-02-2012, 12:57 PM
Another example for 10:1 when your diluting gallons (11 divided by 128 = 11.6oz of product then the rest water). Hope that helps if your in a pinch

Spiney
06-03-2012, 12:02 AM
Thank you all for the replies. I did look at the ONR bottle and don't think I saw a dilution for QD. Are the dilutions and properties of QD and Clay Lube one in the same? Thanks, Dave

Dugdug
06-03-2012, 12:20 AM
Thank you all for the replies. I did look at the ONR bottle and don't think I saw a dilution for QD. Are the dilutions and properties of QD and Clay Lube one in the same? Thanks, Dave

I'm not sure, I think there may be a a lower ratio for the Lube. But I Use the same ratio for qd as I do lube. A little more ONR for your lube couldn't hurt.

Mc'lovin
06-03-2012, 02:52 AM
Yes the larger number is parts of water.

Thanks for the response, yet I probably didn't ask the question right - I've been meaning to ask whether, for example, in 1:10 dilution ratio, do you add 10 portions of water for every portion of product, or do you add 9 portions of water to every portion of product (meaning, is 10 referring to the water portions alone, or the total amount of liquid).