PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Question

09WRXROCKET
06-01-2012, 05:43 PM
I have a 09 WRX in pearl white I plan on doing some detailing and want to know what you guys think. I don't want to use a polish because I'm trying to keep as much clear on as I can. The cars paint isnt too bad it does have a some swirls here and there with a scratch or two. Here is my plan of attack

Wash
Clay with WolfGang
Wolfgang Polish Enhancer
Poorboys Glaze for White Cars
WolfGang 3.0 Sealant

Pinnacle Signature Series II wax

I plan on purchasing on purchasing this If you’re in the market for a dual action polisher, look no further than the Porter Cable 7424! (http://www.autogeek.net/porter-cable-pad-kit.html)
just wondering which pads to order I was thinking Black for the Polish Enhancer and glaze and then Blue for the Sealant and Red for the Wax. Just looking for any advice or thoughts

mjlinane
06-01-2012, 06:11 PM
Welcome to AGO!!

Don't know if you need PB after WG Polish Enhancer. Green or black.

rider9195
06-01-2012, 06:45 PM
Welcome to Autogeek Online!

I would skip the Poorboys Glaze. Use a green or white pad with the WG Polish Enhancer. I prefer applying carnauba paste waxes by hand but using a black or blue pad will work fine.

nrsk4u
06-01-2012, 07:04 PM
I have a pearl white SRX and I top WGDGPS with 845. Great durability and a lot of people say that carnauba waxes don't get the pearl or metallic paints to "pop" as well, JMHO

09WRXROCKET
06-03-2012, 01:59 AM
So I shouldnt use poorboys after the polish enhancer ?

BobbyG
06-03-2012, 06:02 AM
So I shouldnt use poorboys after the polish enhancer ?

You could but it pretty close to doing the same thing as the Wolfgang product.

Wolfgang Paintwork Polish Enhancer is basically a cleaner and I'm pretty sure it doesn't contain abrasives. It removes oxidation and surface contaminates thus refreshing the paint and it contains lite fillers to hide those tinny surface defects.

"Poorboy’s World White Diamond Show Glaze for Light Vehicles contains gentle cleaners to lift dirt and oil out of fine swirls. By cleaning the swirls, they appear less noticeable. Fillers then conceal the swirls to create the illusion of perfectly smooth paint. Once a wax or sealant is applied, your vehicle will look flawless!"

Collinite 845 is a great wax with a ton of durability. It's easy to use, cost effective, provides 4 to 5 months of solid protection...

09WRXROCKET
06-04-2012, 12:09 AM
Welcome to Autogeek Online!

I would skip the Poorboys Glaze. Use a green or white pad with the WG Polish Enhancer. I prefer applying carnauba paste waxes by hand but using a black or blue pad will work fine.

is the green pad a cutting pad will it level my clear coat ? I'm just trying to keep as much clear as possible with hiding as many swirls I can.

09WRXROCKET
06-04-2012, 02:02 AM
Do you guys think there is a benefit to using both glaze and polish enhancer will it remove more swirls

mjlinane
06-04-2012, 05:42 AM
Most polish enhancers have fillers like a glaze. So they are doing the same thing.

A light polishing green pad will take off almost no paint with a polish enhancer but will improve the gloss.

Use slow machine speeds, light pressure and 3-4 section passes. You are really more spreading it out than trying to correct. Remove with MF.

09WRXROCKET
06-17-2012, 11:50 PM
So I finally got everything . What speeds should I use for each product ? Also can I use these products on parts like my bumpers and spoiler which is plastic I figure I can since they have a clear coat over them ? I noticed the porter cable polisher is pretty have should I just let it glad over the paint without any pressure since its pretty heavy ? Any other tips I should know?

nrsk4u
06-18-2012, 12:17 AM
You could but it pretty close to doing the same thing as the Wolfgang product.

Wolfgang Paintwork Polish Enhancer is basically a cleaner and I'm pretty sure it doesn't contain abrasives. It removes oxidation and surface contaminates thus refreshing the paint and it contains lite fillers to hide those tinny surface defects.

"Poorboy’s World White Diamond Show Glaze for Light Vehicles contains gentle cleaners to lift dirt and oil out of fine swirls. By cleaning the swirls, they appear less noticeable. Fillers then conceal the swirls to create the illusion of perfectly smooth paint. Once a wax or sealant is applied, your vehicle will look flawless!"

Collinite 845 is a great wax with a ton of durability. It's easy to use, cost effective, provides 4 to 5 months of solid protection...

:iagree: