PDA

View Full Version : When do you start over?

Grimm
03-27-2007, 09:49 AM
Hopefully I will get around to polishing my car soon, and I'm thinking of putting on XMT Glaze and Nattys Blue. Otherwise I will go EX-P with Nattys. My question is when should I start over? I would assume if I get it waxed in the next couple weeks I'll want to redo it in 6-8 weeks. If I glaze and wax, should I just retop with Nattys or remove what's there and start over? Or what if I go the sealant/wax route? I would assume there that I should be able to just add more wax, but I'm not sure. I know I could just add more wax every few weeks, but being black I want to make sure it looks its best by using the best process.

FloridaNative
03-27-2007, 09:56 AM
For me, I start over whenever I get the itch to try a new product. :) As far as the wax question, I guess it really depends on which wax you are using. If you're going to start with Natty's, then I think it's safe to apply another coat in 3-4 weeks without compromising the finish. You could also use something like Aquawax or Crystal Mist in between waxing sessions to keep the "pop" factor, although I am hearing reports that you should only use Aquawax once for every three washes.

ryandamartini
03-27-2007, 10:02 AM
I rewax monthly. The 25th of every month is wax day. I wash every week and use a QD+. My current favorite is the old formula Crystal Mist.

Nuke33
03-27-2007, 10:13 AM
I restart whenever i get some time and i want to relax

Jimmie
03-27-2007, 11:39 AM
My wife's car is 100% nauba.
For 5 weeks it gets: wash-paste wax-QD.
Next 5 weeks: wash-QD.
Then startover.
I probably do it this way for the enjoyment more than anything. Most will tell you that anything over two coats of nauba gives deminishing returns.
It sure looks good. In fact so good that I'm always hesitant to strip it but always glad that I did (the fun thing).

Grimm
03-27-2007, 11:56 AM
I get what you guys are saying, but I think you missed my point somewhat. The reason I asked about when to start over is for if I use two products. I understand that I can just rewax when it wears out, but what about when you use multiple products? Say I go with the XMT Glaze topped with Nattys, once it comes time to re-wax, should I just apply more wax, apply new glaze and then wax, or just start over?

Jimmie
03-27-2007, 12:50 PM
Understand. Time to rewax I'd just apply more wax.

ScottB
03-27-2007, 05:32 PM
I usually do a complete detail every 3 months. For most products, I can simply wipe down with alcohol/water and come darn close to a starter finish. I dont like to combine other products together first, but do so naturally after picking the best of the best in each category.

Cheetah
03-29-2007, 12:21 AM
Hey Killrwheels, who's the girl that's always in your avatars?

supercharged
03-29-2007, 01:23 AM
I usually strip everything off and start over every 8-12 weeks.

AUdakota
03-29-2007, 03:02 AM
Hey Killrwheels, who's the girl that's always in your avatars?
Thats meghan, you know the nice lady that takes your orders at AG....

Actually its lauren (ltoman)

Cheetah
03-29-2007, 11:17 PM
I see. Looks good. I think I'm going to get my wife to pose for some pics by my car this weekend for mine.