PDA

View Full Version : Whitewall tip

Pages : 1 [2] 3

BILL
05-16-2006, 04:24 PM
I Agree , Nice Vette

Sleper
05-19-2006, 12:02 PM
I use westleys all the time only I use a fingernail brush to agitate. It is great for removing brake dust on rims as well. My $0.02

3Dog
05-23-2006, 12:22 PM
Magic Eraser and Scrubbing Bubbles. I buy mine under the Bounty name at Big Lots..4 for 2.99.
As far as them falling apart..I would guess thats because they are made from ground up fiberglass..one reason you never use on paint!

Kelso
05-23-2006, 04:37 PM
we use mineral spirits at the carwash. works every time. kind of the same thing bill was saying, its very quick to do also

BILL
05-23-2006, 04:55 PM
we use mineral spirits at the carwash. works every time. kind of the same thing bill was saying, its very quick to do also

Yes! works very well also.......not as intrusive as thinner which is a good thing......

scooterguitar
05-23-2006, 06:01 PM
Just did my whitewalls yesterday on my bagger. Let me say, what a real pain, they were so bad! I basically use Bleach White 2-3 time son each little section, took forever but lookign great. I didn't even use my magic eraser this time, but once I'm done detailing tonight, I will use one on a efw spots that wouldn't scrub out.

BILL
05-23-2006, 07:02 PM
Just did my whitewalls yesterday on my bagger. Let me say, what a real pain, they were so bad! I basically use Bleach White 2-3 time son each little section, took forever but lookign great. I didn't even use my magic eraser this time, but once I'm done detailing tonight, I will use one on a efw spots that wouldn't scrub out.

Try the lacquer thinner on a rag..... trust me ;)

Kelso
05-23-2006, 07:56 PM
:iagree: again

scooterguitar
05-23-2006, 08:41 PM
But I smoke!
I'll try it next time. I think this was/is th eworse, the guy I got it off of never cleaned the bike, excpet maybe to rinse it off. Just spent 3 hours doing the chrome, and still loooong form being finsihed. Geesh.

scooterguitar
05-23-2006, 09:20 PM
Hmm, wondering...Is there anything that coudl be used on the whitewalls that would help keep them cleaner, like a sealant? Klasse AIO work on rubber?

BILL
05-24-2006, 07:11 AM
Hmm, wondering...Is there anything that coudl be used on the whitewalls that would help keep them cleaner, like a sealant? Klasse AIO work on rubber?

Don't think so.....Klasse on rubber?? maybe it would crack in time, and buffing it off may be a problem........if there were?? it really won't protect against tire scuffs etc. and if there was?? when you cleaned the tires again you'd be cleaning off the so called protector.......

But thats a good question anyway and maybe there is a product , but i doubt it......:)

3Dog
05-24-2006, 01:12 PM
Griots has a Long Lasting Tire Dressing that has been holding up well for me.

Larry A
05-24-2006, 04:33 PM
A Body shop owner once told me that for the thin whitewalls they use a little lacquer thinner on a dry rag on 1 or 2 passes around the whitewall that really cleans then white......... A friend of mine had a 1936 Packard with wide wide white walls and he used the lacquer thinner trick all the time. I know at least one detail shop that uses lacquer thinner on the rare white walls that come in , when they are so bad that nothing else cleans them.

BILL
05-24-2006, 09:50 PM
A friend of mine had a 1936 Packard with wide wide white walls and he used the lacquer thinner trick all the time. I know at least one detail shop that uses lacquer thinner on the rare white walls that come in , when they are so bad that nothing else cleans them.

EXACTLY RIGHT.....:cheers:

John U
05-26-2006, 02:53 PM
Thanks for the tip
JU

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f82/juturtle/amb.jpg