PDA

View Full Version : Wax questions

Jmoran
05-30-2012, 07:08 PM
How long should I let my wax sit for before I remove it(I'm doing it by hand)

Jmoran
05-30-2012, 07:13 PM
I know I need to let it dry to a haze but what will happen if I leave it dry longer or shorter?

dad07
05-30-2012, 07:16 PM
Following the manufactures directions is usually a good starting point.

There are so many different waxes out there to really give you a direct time line.

Heat and humidity play a big role on that time also....read the directions do a small test spot if need be.

BobbyG
05-30-2012, 07:17 PM
How long should I let my wax sit for before I remove it(I'm doing it by hand)

Most products approximate haze times are mentioned in their directions so look there first. Also, many waxes are wipe on wipe off, no drying or hazing...

Always apply waxes very thin otherwise they'll become difficult to remove and you're just wasting expensive product.... Under normal conditions with temps mid 60's and above, 30 minutes should be enough however swipe your finger across the panel and see if it feels dry and wipes off cleanly....

rider9195
05-30-2012, 07:20 PM
Following the manufactures directions is usually a good starting point.

There are so many different waxes out there to really give you a direct time line.

Heat and humidity play a big role on that time also....read the directions do a small test spot if need be.

:iagree:

You can always use the swipe test to see if the wax is removed without smearing or streaking. Then that is the appropriate time to remove.

truckbutt
05-30-2012, 07:24 PM
:iagree:

You can always use the swipe test to see if the wax is removed without smearing or streaking. Then that is the appropriate time to remove.
:iagree::xyxthumbs:

Buckskincolt
05-30-2012, 07:31 PM
Here is an article by Mike about wax removal, maybe this will help:props:
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/how-articles/28204-how-break-open-coating-wax-remove-creeping-out.html

ScottB
05-30-2012, 07:40 PM
Which wax ??? Pinnacle waxes are buffed off while slightly damp. Seems to work with alot of pure nuba pastes.