PDA

View Full Version : Spar- ureathane n minerals spirits question?

Ricky Cartagena
05-30-2012, 06:10 PM
Hi guys this question is related to a thread posted not long ago about this topic for sealing headlights. I just tried it today and i must say it is the best thing ive put for protection so far and was amazed on how well this went on and dried to a fantastic and clear finish. Just amazing so far! I know about opti-coat 2.0 havent tried it yet but decided to go with this method. I do a lot of headlight restoration and have tried various paint sealants and protective coatings for protection after six months or so start noticing some sort of hazing or failure from them. This method is cheaper and will allow me to do more cars money wise. I used 50/50 spar- odorless mineral spirits and it worked fantastic. On one headlight i finished with just 3000 sand paper and applied and on other one compounded, polished IPA wiped down then applied. Makes no difference the side i sanded looks just as good as the other without the extra buffing... which i love saves time= money to me!

But my question for anyone who might of use this method, would you be able to save the 50/50 dilutions in a ready to go bottle for storage or you should leave it in the containers as it comes and diluted when your ready to apply it? I have one of those wax squirt bottles with that red cap on it.

Will post pictures or a video on friday of a honda crv that i will be doing this same method on but as of today this is my method... Thanks guys for any replies or if ay experiences with a better or best way to protect headlights.