PDA

View Full Version : H20 Etching, Swirls, Scratches...

orngez
03-26-2007, 10:25 PM
Forgot I took these picks during my last detail....vinegar, 3000 grit - just 5 or 6 light passes, and PB swirl removers, LC pads....

Before: (a bunch of water spots and etching at the bottom rocker panel)

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/559/medium/Picture_029.jpg

After: (the pic looks darker now that the dark paint is corrected it is absorbing rather that reflecting/refracting light)

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/559/medium/Picture_032.jpg

sparkie
03-26-2007, 10:31 PM
Looks better. Do you use the 3000 grit sand paper by hand or machine? If by hand, do you wrap it around a rubber block?

orngez
03-26-2007, 10:38 PM
i use the sand paper by hand with a foam/rubber like block....kind of a hybrid of the two materials...something I have from my wood working days...don't even know where I got it but it has lastet forever and works great...just enough give to flex to curved body panels...but firm enough to sand evenly...no "hot spots" when sanding...

sparkie
03-26-2007, 11:04 PM
i use the sand paper by hand with a foam/rubber like block....kind of a hybrid of the two materials...something I have from my wood working days...don't even know where I got it but it has lastet forever and works great...just enough give to flex to curved body panels...but firm enough to sand evenly...no "hot spots" when sanding...
Do you have a pic of it? I would like to see it.

orngez
03-26-2007, 11:11 PM
i will snap a pic when I get a chance..not at home right now..it looks exactly the same as the foam blocks you get at home depot or any hardware store designed for sanding..jus the foam density is different...like the difference between a cutting pad and a finishing pad...looks the same...feels completely different

sparkie
03-26-2007, 11:16 PM
i will snap a pic when I get a chance..not at home right now..it looks exactly the same as the foam blocks you get at home depot or any hardware store designed for sanding..jus the foam density is different...like the difference between a cutting pad and a finishing pad...looks the same...feels completely different
Thanks, I had in the past water spots I could not get out with my rotary. Looking at sanding.

supercharged
03-27-2007, 02:45 AM
Looking good!