PDA

View Full Version : Wash Bucket Options

Pages : [1] 2 3

Gachrid
05-29-2012, 10:26 PM
Just curious what everybody is using for wash buckets. I never thought it mattered much as long as they were good clean buckets but I've been using pepboy's 5gal buckets but I notice that my grit guards don't sit on the bottom of the bucket as they should. They sit almost halfway up the bucket, which I assume renders them useless. So does everyone use AG buckets? Or are my grit guards the problem?

DealerDetailer
05-29-2012, 10:44 PM
I have one Autogeek bucket and many Menards 5 gallon buckets and the grit guard doesn't sit fully down - maybe only 2 inches above the bottom. The buckets still work perfect from my experiance.

dwlinc23
05-29-2012, 11:37 PM
2 Home Depot orange buckets, perfect.

RhetoricMixes
05-30-2012, 01:18 AM
2 Home Depot orange buckets, perfect.

I've been using these since I started mobile detailing. The grit guards fit perfect on the bottom of these and they're cheap and local to get.

SRTSean
05-30-2012, 01:22 AM
I personally love the Griot's wash bucket. Built in grit guard, measurement lines and no need for a 2 bucket wash if you use a foam cannon and pre rinse. I have seen zero wash induced scratches and swirls on my daily driver using this combo.

Webb
05-30-2012, 03:18 AM
Home Depot orange bucket $2.60 each,fits the grid perfectly.

PA DETAILER
05-30-2012, 06:16 AM
The Ultimate Car Wash Bucket - Cleaning Tools - Car Washing - Car Care - Griot's Garage (http://www.griotsgarage.com/product/ultimate+car+wash+bucket.do)

griots ultimate wash bucket. :xyxthumbs:

flamed03vert
05-30-2012, 06:33 AM
I have had the same issue. Grit guards still work the same. Anyone know where I can buy the gamma lids to fit the buckets I already have? I have to go to a coin op these days and would still like to do the 2BM so I have to bring my buckets with me. It's a waste of $$ to fill them at the coin op.

2old2change
05-30-2012, 06:36 AM
I have had the same issue. Grit guards still work the same. Anyone know where I can buy the gamma lids to fit the buckets I already have? I have to go to a coin op these days and would still like to do the 2BM so I have to bring my buckets with me. It's a waste of $$ to fill them at the coin op.

Gamma lids-Home Depot paint dept.

swanicyouth
05-30-2012, 06:41 AM
Have a few buckets. Ace Hardware with dual GG to wash, Pep Boys with single GG to rinse, and Lowes bucket for wheels. As long as the GG makes a seal with the side of the bucket it seems ok

poweraid
05-30-2012, 06:42 AM
menards has the gamma seal lids also . not sure if menards is a nation wide chain or not

Gachrid
05-30-2012, 07:44 AM
So is it just me thinking that the guards don't work when higher off the bottom? I thought they needed to be on the bottom to stop the water and dirt from swirling.

vet
05-30-2012, 08:21 AM
I have the AG buckets with grit guard and lids. Prior, I had a bucket with a different style of grit guard that was better than none. I use that for wheels now.

The GG bucket looks pretty good too.

Flash Gordon
05-30-2012, 09:44 AM
If you frequent a dry cleaners ask them for some of their old ones. I have those neat 3 gallon buckets that are easy to maneuvure and easy to empty/refill

I've gotten them from the deli down the street to, but they smelt like pickles for a month

derek0609
05-30-2012, 09:58 AM
I picked up some plain white 5 gal. buckets from HD, grit guards fit perfect!