PDA

View Full Version : My Detailing Prices

Pages : [1] 2 3

Jmoran
05-29-2012, 06:17 PM
So i'm starting out my own mini detail business at my house, here are my prices. I want you guys's opinions! Should I lower my prices? Raise them? Add more things to my lists? Well here you go!

For my first package you get..

-Hand Car Wash

-Tires Dressed

-Wheels Cleaned

-Trim Cleaned & Protected

-Glass cleaned (Inside & out)

^all of this for $20.00

Second Package..

-Hand Car Wash

-Tires Dressed

-Wheels Cleaned

-Dash & Doors Cleaned & Protected

-Floors Vacuumed

-Scent/Odor Eliminator

^all of this for $35.00

Third Package..

-Hand Car Wash

-Tires Dressed

-Wheels Cleaned

-Wheel Wells Cleaned

-Floors Vacuumed

-Scent/Odor Eliminator

-Seats Cleaned & Conditioned

-Wax or Sealant

^all of this for $60.00

Fourth Package

-Hand Car Wash

-Tires Dressed

-Wheels Cleaned

-Wheel Wells Cleaned

-Floors Vacuumed

-Scent/Odor Eliminator

-Seats Cleaned & Conditioned

-Clay

-Polish

-Wax or Sealant

^all of this for $90.00

Extras:

Engine Detail = $15.00

Headlight Restoration = $15.00

Thanks in advance! :dblthumb2:

Dugdug
05-29-2012, 06:25 PM
No shampoo? You can get a bissle little green pretty cheap now. I would up all of your prices by 10-20 at least. 50-100 on top of your last package with shampoo.

What method do you use for Headlight restoration?

Jmoran
05-29-2012, 06:31 PM
No shampoo? You can get a bissle little green pretty cheap now. I would up all of your prices by 10-20 at least. 50-100 on top of your last package with shampoo.

What method do you use for Headlight restoration?

how much should i charge for the shampoo?

david11g35
05-29-2012, 06:39 PM
Headlight restoration is real low. I did one on sunday just for practice they ended up giving me $50 because someone else was charging them $120
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/show-n-shine/50813-first-headlight-restoration.html

Jmoran
05-29-2012, 06:45 PM
Headlight restoration is real low. I did one on sunday just for practice they ended up giving me $50 because someone else was charging them $120
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/show-n-shine/50813-first-headlight-restoration.html
Well around here a guy charges $15 for a basic restoration with no protection. His highest rates are $45 with protection and everything.

oldmodman
05-29-2012, 06:47 PM
Your prices should be based on what typical costs are in your area.

If you were in my area (West Los Angeles) where a cheap tiny house costs 780K your prices would be very low.

If you were in the south where a really nice house can be had for 300K your prices would be right in line.

david11g35
05-29-2012, 06:49 PM
What method are you using? even with no protection $15 seems way to low if your going to be wet sanding the headlights. is it $15 per light or the pair?

Jmoran
05-29-2012, 06:51 PM
What method are you using? even with no protection $15 seems way to low if your going to be wet sanding the headlights. is it $15 per light or the pair?

Per pair. And method? i'm still looking for the best one, i like your method!

Jmoran
05-29-2012, 06:52 PM
Your prices should be based on what typical costs are in your area.

If you were in my area (West Los Angeles) where a cheap tiny house costs 780K your prices would be very low.

If you were in the south where a really nice house can be had for 300K your prices would be right in line.

I live in Utah

david11g35
05-29-2012, 06:54 PM
Per pair. And method? i'm still looking for the best one, i like your method! wow thats real low. thats $7.50 per light

Jmoran
05-29-2012, 06:57 PM
wow thats real low. thats $7.50 per light

I guess i'll raise it up to $25 a pair

Dugdug
05-29-2012, 07:02 PM
I would stick around here for a wile. Read, watch youtube videos. Ask questions. There's a lot of helpful videos and people on this site. Once you decide that this is what you want to do, do it right!

Practice your headlight method, learn to clay, invest in a decent DA Polisher when you can and include a shampoo in your bigger packages.

Jmoran
05-29-2012, 07:04 PM
I would stick around here for a wile. Read, watch youtube videos. Ask questions. There's a lot of helpful videos and people on this site. Once you decide that this is what you want to do, do it right!

Practice your headlight method, learn to clay, invest in a decent DA Polisher when you can and include a shampoo in your bigger packages.

Thanks!

Bill1234
05-29-2012, 07:21 PM
I would go for 35 on crossover vehicles such as a ford edge or subaru outback (5 seater suv) Dont let them argue what is a crossover, A 5 seater with bigger suspension. If they have a suburban I would Add 5 dollars to the wash and 15 for everything else. Make it easy to see your prices as it is a contractual obligation. I would also say that if they see a better price somewhere else, you should meet it and take 5 percent off of it for more business.

Jmoran
05-29-2012, 07:28 PM
I would go for 35 on crossover vehicles such as a ford edge or subaru outback (5 seater suv) Dont let them argue what is a crossover, A 5 seater with bigger suspension. If they have a suburban I would Add 5 dollars to the wash and 15 for everything else. Make it easy to see your prices as it is a contractual obligation. I would also say that if they see a better price somewhere else, you should meet it and take 5 percent off of it for more business.

35 for the first package?