PDA

View Full Version : Blackfire Wet Diamond vs. Blackfire Crystal Seal

Pages : [1] 2

Jmoran
05-29-2012, 04:31 PM
Which one of these two gives the best shine,slickness, and durability.

TroyScherer
05-29-2012, 06:03 PM
It's a toss up....

BFWD is the more normal true sealant. It should have a little bit better look and longer durability.

BFCS is the new guy. It is super easy to apply and looks great. I don't know on the durability yet, but can easily top it up in 15-20min once a month with no problem.

For me personaly I think BFWD is slightly slicker in initial feel and maybe a shade wetter in look. But BFCS looks just as good and is that much easier to apply. BFCS has replaced BFWD for me....

mjlinane
05-29-2012, 06:24 PM
Troy is right. Not sure I will ever stop using BFWD but to get 90%+ in 15min.... Makes you think.

swanicyouth
05-29-2012, 06:31 PM
Are you guys using these with a wax? On top of a wax? Under a wax? Or by itself. I'm not sure of the role of spray on sealants, that have lesser durability that their traditional counterparts.

Jmoran
05-29-2012, 06:37 PM
It's a toss up....

BFWD is the more normal true sealant. It should have a little bit better look and longer durability.

BFCS is the new guy. It is super easy to apply and looks great. I don't know on the durability yet, but can easily top it up in 15-20min once a month with no problem.

For me personaly I think BFWD is slightly slicker in initial feel and maybe a shade wetter in look. But BFCS looks just as good and is that much easier to apply. BFCS has replaced BFWD for me....

About how long does BFWD take you to apply? (if done by hand)

RMM
05-29-2012, 06:47 PM
Are you guys using these with a wax? On top of a wax? Under a wax? Or by itself. I'm not sure of the role of spray on sealants, that have lesser durability that their traditional counterparts.

On top no. Under maybe, depending on your look preferences.
BFWD is more time consuming (...) but more durable (as for looks, hmmm, don't know).
BFCS is the "The 11 Minute Paint Sealant"...You can reapply it from time to time, with no sweat, if you do not top it with a nuba.

mjlinane
05-29-2012, 07:07 PM

Sealants are basically synthetic "waxes." In the case of info BF, it uses polymers. Sealants typically last longer than waxes and would be applied before a wax if you used both.

About how long does BFWD take you to apply? (if done by hand)

You apply, let dry to a haze (maybe 30-45min) and remove. Allow 12hrs before layering or topping.

Jmoran
05-29-2012, 07:13 PM
Sealants are basically synthetic "waxes." In the case of info BF, it uses polymers. Sealants typically last longer than waxes and would be applied before a wax if you used both.

You apply, let dry to a haze (maybe 30-45min) and remove. Allow 12hrs before layering or topping.

So basically same thing as wax. Is there a cure time on BFWD or BFCS? like before it can get wet

TroyScherer
05-29-2012, 08:23 PM
So basically same thing as wax. Is there a cure time on BFWD or BFCS? like before it can get wet

Ya, you apply BFWD like other liquid waxes and such. So overal application is 30-45 min and a 10-12 hr cure time. With UPGP and BFCS the cure time is only 45min-1hr. So you can apply a second coat very quickly and even possibly apply a beauty wax the same day.

So far I am only using UPGP and BFCS as standalone sealants ant not topping them with a wax. It is hard since I like to wax as well. But the look and beading of these products is great on their own.

choijw2
11-06-2015, 08:39 AM
BUMP!!!

I been researching on this topic as well and I want to hear more about it.
I still don't see durability answer on BFCS ..

personally BFWD is my goto sealant for my car and customers
but if BFCS is as good and as durable.... I would love to switch to save me time

TroyScherer
11-06-2015, 09:46 AM
BUMP!!!

I been researching on this topic as well and I want to hear more about it.
I still don't see durability answer on BFCS ..

personally BFWD is my goto sealant for my car and customers
but if BFCS is as good and as durable.... I would love to switch to save me time

In the spring, summer, early fall I can get an easy 3+ months from BFCS. (Ideal conditions) The big difference for me though is the time saved to apply & re-apply.

Due to these WOWA sealants and "Coatings / Coating detailers" I almost never use standard sealants anymore.

07gtcs
11-09-2015, 05:01 PM
BFCS is my winter sealant, so it lasts a good long time. I usually only have to re-apply once in the garage during the winter months. This is in Iowa where winters can be cold, snow, Ice, road brine and salt.

craigdt
11-09-2015, 07:43 PM
The real answer is: Get both.
They serve slightly different purposes, but I gotta say, nothing beats the super quick application of WOWO sealant.

choijw2
11-09-2015, 07:54 PM
I mean is BFCS even real WOWO?
since you dont have to buff anything off after application hahaha

I am looking forward to try to product!!

Gotta love blackfire.

craigdt
11-09-2015, 08:02 PM
Yeah, sorry. Jumbled up my acronyms there.
I meant WOWA :)

By all means, let us know how you like it. I feel the need to add another one of these products to the arsenal