PDA

View Full Version : Squeegee for interior glass

warwick002000
05-29-2012, 02:24 PM
Does anyone else use a small squeegee for interior glass? I always found streaks and smears on my interior glass after cleaning with just mf towels. I had a small squeegee for small exterior glass and decided to use it inside to see if it would be worth doing...sorry no pics, and it worked great and really does a good job with only one pass. You still need some towels to cover the dash or other areas and of course the squeegee won't work in the tightest areas, for example around the rewrview mirror, so you need to use your towels in those spots. Try it out...may save you some time.

timaishu
05-29-2012, 02:35 PM
Did you use glass cleaner or water?

bmwgalore
05-29-2012, 02:40 PM
A squeegee is going to drip water/cleaner all over the dash and crevices.

warwick002000
05-29-2012, 02:49 PM
I use glass cleaner.... bmwgalore...read the sentence about using towels to cover the dash, etc.

99monguse
09-14-2012, 02:03 PM
I have a small janitorial business and I do window cleaning too; therefore, I have the equipment. I have tried to use my small 4" squeegee and it did work well. I put down a towel on the dash so not to drip the water all over the place.

Dadillac
09-14-2012, 07:08 PM
I usually just wipe my windows with warm water and paper towels. Sometimes though I use a squeegee. But I use some liquid dishwasher detergent mixed in a bottle. I lay a beach towel over the dash, spray the dishwasher detergent on the glass and wipe with a dampened cloth. I then use a small squeegee to wipe away the liquid. Thw windows come out crystal clear with zero streaking.

Don

AutowerxDetailing
09-14-2012, 08:44 PM
Funny that this thread was revived today... I just took the fam on a road trip to the beach and was annoyed by one streak on the windshield that popped into view every now and then under the right light. I immediately started wondering about ways to eliminate steaks from ever happening. Then I started thinking about pro window washers up on skyscrapers with their squeegees and wondered how well that would work for interior auto glass. I might have to give that a whirl and see how it works.