PDA

View Full Version : Menzerna or Mequiars??????

Pages : [1] 2 3

chris.ganucheau
05-28-2012, 08:37 PM
Im planning on ordering some of either so i can remove some swirls out of my car. I've read that M105 an M205 are the go to combo but I've heard that they are hard to remove. I like to be different so I was looking at the Menzerna Line. I know alot of people on here use it but its not as common place as the Meguiars combo. Im going to be ordering alot of things in the near future. Griots Garage 6" DA, Lake County Flat Pads, Dodo Juice 250mL of Light Fantastic, Dodo Juice Red Mist Spray Detailer, Opti-Bond Tire Gel.

Once I get everything I will be doing a complete detail on my car. So looking forward to getting this!!!!!
Feed back pleaseFeed back pleaseFeed back please

WRAPT C5Z06
05-28-2012, 08:39 PM
Meguiars, hands down!!

dad07
05-28-2012, 08:40 PM
Meguiars, hands down!!

:iagree: with Mark!

Kaban
05-28-2012, 08:44 PM
Menzerna is alot better than Meguiars. The only thing I'd buy from Meguiars is the M105 *unless you're talking about their MF system).

The 105-205 combo is not gonna be enough for alot of darker paints,especially softer paints and you will need to go beyond that with either 106fa or 85rd. 205 is too aggressive for finishing alot of paints.

chris.ganucheau
05-28-2012, 08:45 PM
Meguiars, hands down!!

:iagree: with Mark!

How do yall feel about it being hard to remove?

WRAPT C5Z06
05-28-2012, 08:46 PM
M105 can be hard to remove. If you don't mind having to break down the abrasives, go with Menzerna. Then again, Menzerna doesn't have a good compound(at least here in the states).

truckbutt
05-28-2012, 08:46 PM
I use M105/M205. They are SMAT products so you don't have to worry about working them long enough for the abrasives to break down. Menzerna compounds and polishes are DAT and must be worked long enough to break down. The only Menzerna polish I use currently is P085RD after M205.

WRAPT C5Z06
05-28-2012, 08:50 PM
I use M105/M205. They are SMAT products so you don't have to worry about working them long enough for the abrasives to break down. Menzerna compounds and polishes are DAT and must be worked long enough to break down. The only Menzerna polish I use currently is P085RD after M205.
Perfect answer.

dad07
05-28-2012, 08:52 PM

I have no problem removing 105 ( a little IPA helps)if need be.....205 is a breeze.

loudog2
05-28-2012, 09:01 PM
Megs 105 for tough to get defects and Menzera to finish with. Never limit yourself to one brand. You do yourself an injustice by doing that. M105 followed by 106FA is great. A DAT will always finish better that a SMAT.

chris.ganucheau
05-28-2012, 09:08 PM
My car is brand new an has light swirls, i don't need something very aggressive for my car. I just want something to remove them an return my car to show room shine. My moms got a brand new 2011 Malibu with HORRIBLE swirls from the dealer. I just was looking an it looks like the menzerna has alot more steps which means to me i could get alot more refined finish. Instead of just being able to choose 2 i could choose from like 6 or 7. I could be wrong never used any of these things an have never buffed.

chris.ganucheau
05-28-2012, 09:09 PM
Megs 105 for tough to get defects and Menzera to finish with. Never limit yourself to one brand. You do yourself an injustice by doing that. M105 followed by 106FA is great. A DAT will always finish better that a SMAT.

What does DAT an SMAT mean? Sorry noob here.....

Buckskincolt
05-28-2012, 09:19 PM
Basically the Meguires 105/205 combo turns out to be a 3 step, most not all follow it with Menzerna p085RD. I also think for a beginner the Meguires products are harder to learn on. You will find the guys who have mastered these products disagree but if you seach here you will find more people struggling with the 105/205 combo than the Menzerna or some others.

Now if you were to say you were going with the Meguires microfiber system I'd say perfect. That system is very easy to use and learn on and is a true 2 step system. 105/205 combo will correct more but can be harder to use. The MF system for a beginner is hard to beat.

Personally I reach for the Wolfgang Twins over any other I have. Theses are formulated special by Menzerna for PBMG so are a Menzerna Hybrid. They are not as aggressive as the meg products but I find the diminishing abrasives are easier to use and finish with, but that is just me. It what works best for you!

chris.ganucheau
05-28-2012, 09:24 PM
Basically the Meguires 105/205 combo turns out to be a 3 step, most not all follow it with Menzerna p085RD. I also think for a beginner the Meguires products are harder to learn on. You will find the guys who have mastered these products disagree but if you seach here you will find more people struggling with the 105/205 combo than the Menzerna or some others.

Now if you were to say you were going with the Meguires microfiber system I'd say perfect. That system is very easy to use and learn on and is a true 2 step system. 105/205 combo will correct more but can be harder to use. The MF system for a beginner is hard to beat.

Personally I reach for the Wolfgang Twins over any other I have. Theses are formulated special by Menzerna for PBMG so are a Menzerna Hybrid. They are not as aggressive as the meg products but I find the diminishing abrasives are easier to use and finish with, but that is just me. It what works best for you!

I had forgotten about the wolfgang twins..... they do seem like the easiest to use.

WRAPT C5Z06
05-28-2012, 09:25 PM
What does DAT an SMAT mean? Sorry noob here.....
DAT = diminishing Abrasive Techmology

SMAT = Super Micro Abrasive Technology

With DAT, the abrasives start as large and as you polish they get smaller, and smaller, and smaller. In order to make them as small as they need to be, you need to polish until they're broken down. There really is no good DAT compound available in the USA that can be used with a DA to remove tough defects.

With SMAT, the abrasives are already broken down, so when you polish, you get the same amount of cut from start to finish. The only time I will use DAT is when I have the softest of paints. M205 will finish just fine on most paint.

I had forgotten about the wolfgang twins..... they do seem like the easiest to use.
They're no differnt to use than Menzerna SIP and 106FA. With WG TSR, you will get decent cut, but don't plan on completely removing heavy swirls.