PDA

View Full Version : Thank you verterans

Pages : [1] 2

hoyt66
05-28-2012, 02:38 PM
As I detailed my car today I thought about all the freedoms I enjoy on a daily basis. I was waxing my car in the comfort of my garage and I thought about all the discomfort men and

women have experienced in war so that I could have these freedoms and comfort. Freedom isn't free and I am thankful to the men and women who have lived and died for them. Thank

you

Mike Phillips
05-28-2012, 03:21 PM
Thanks for starting this thread Chet,

Thank you to all our servicemen and service women for serving out country so we can continue to enjoy the freedoms we have...

:)

cmichael258
05-28-2012, 04:02 PM
I did 4 years in the USAF and returned home in good health. The true heroes are the men and women who return disabled or make the ultimate sacrifice.

hoyt66
05-28-2012, 04:14 PM
I did 4 years in the USAF and returned home in good health. The true heroes are the men and women who return disabled or make the ultimate sacrifice.

Amen. You to are a true hero. Thank you

PerezDetailing
05-28-2012, 04:38 PM
Your welcome and thank you.. 15 yr veteran... USMC. Semper Fi

dad07
05-28-2012, 04:44 PM
Chet Great thread!

I started one at the begining of weekend and am really suprised at the lack of response.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/off-topic/50694-memorial-day-what.html

I feel some folks take a lot of things for granted.....not ME!

I'll go out of my way to thank someone for thier service when I see them.

Yes I served, and I'm proud as hell. 1983-1987 Active duty
1987-1993 Reserves

I'm Married to a disabled vet,and she would serve again if she could as myself !

Thank you Chet for support and thank you to all Vets out there past and present you are NOT Forgotten!

jnaviles
05-28-2012, 04:48 PM
Thanks to all that have served.

U.S. Navy, 4 years 1988-1992
hooyah......

hoyt66
05-28-2012, 05:36 PM
Your welcome and thank you.. 15 yr veteran... USMC. Semper Fi

I was a bus ride away 27 years ago from going to boot camp for the Marines. I hadn't signed

my contract and decided to go a different route. I always wonder "what if?". it's one of a few

regrets I have in life.

hoyt66
05-28-2012, 05:40 PM
Chet Great thread!

I started one at the begining of weekend and am really suprised at the lack of response.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/off-topic/50694-memorial-day-what.html

I feel some folks take a lot of things for granted.....not ME!

I'll go out of my way to thank someone for thier service when I see them.

Yes I served, and I'm proud as hell. 1983-1987 Active duty
1987-1993 Reserves

I'm Married to a disabled vet,and she would serve again if she could as myself !

Thank you Chet for support and thank you to all Vets out there past and present you are NOT Forgotten!

People do take alot of things for granted. I once told a young man at a ballgame to take

off his hat during our national anthem. He asked " why?" with an irritated look. I told him

"because alot of people lost their lives so you can have that opinion" He took it off.

BookemDano
05-28-2012, 05:43 PM
You're welcome. I give my thanks to my fellow service men and women. I came home without a scratch. I'm lucky. We owe our freedom to those who fought and suffered, and sometimes paid with the ultimate sacrifice.

Dan Clark
USAF 1966-1970

Old Tiger
05-28-2012, 07:24 PM
I am retired Navy and 100% agree with you!

vet
05-28-2012, 07:51 PM
Korea was the forgotten war, Viet Nam was a politician's war. The psycological damage done to these veterans was worse than the horrors of combat. I wasn't in the thick of things, but I have been shot at and shot back.

Old Tiger and the rest of the vets out there, and especially those now serving, THANK YOU!

DealerDetailer
05-28-2012, 07:53 PM
I have and always say thanks to those service men and women whom have given so much to our country. I haven't replyed to one of these threads yet either...not because I don't take the time to say so, but its the last Memorial Day I'll most likely spend with my little bro for sometime.

He just graduated high school only a week ago, he now leaves for basic (US Army) and then his Combat Medic training; He's been signed up before since the beginning of his Senior year. He wants to be the battfield medic that I'm sure all soliders are gald to have on the field with them. I know he's excited to be going and I'm proud he and all of you that Have served, Are serving, and Are going to serve!! Thank you!

I seriously thought about (still do - at my age its not to late yet, 25) about joining the Navy and living a dream that was instilled upon me as a child when I visited the Submarine Force Museum in Groton, Ct with my family. Since then I have always wanted to be part of a submarine crew and a chance to command my own boat.

Thank you to all those serving, served and about to serve!! Happy Memorial Day to you all.

Jomax
05-28-2012, 08:54 PM
Thanks to all the vets for your service, I too am toying with the ideas of joining.

Sent from my iPhone using AG Online

fontman
05-28-2012, 08:57 PM
I joined the U.S. Marine Corps in 1970 and retired in 1990. Here it is 2012 already, and life is good.

Thanks for this post.

Makes an older dude feel that the trip was worth it.

More thanks to the new breed who continues to protect the freedoms we all enjoy.

Semper Fidelis!

:dblthumb2: