PDA

View Full Version : Car covers

spitshine1
05-27-2012, 06:29 PM
Hi Everyone thank you for everyones help!
I am looking for a car cover for my dads Rav4,Toyota, Sun is a problem more than anything else. Any suggestions for selections i am on a budget since in am in school.
I need to find something that will protect the car from the hot sun during the summer months.
Thank you again for all your help!

Flash Gordon
05-27-2012, 06:37 PM
Your money would be better invested in quality window tint

fairlady350z
05-27-2012, 06:43 PM
^ I agree. get window tint and a front windshield sun visor. it's a lot more practical than putting a car cover on every time you park it for a prolonged period of time.

truckbutt
05-27-2012, 07:35 PM
Even the best car covers will mar/put fine scratches in your paint. I have a Covercraft Noah. I only use it in the winter when I don't drive the car. Use a reflective sun shield for the front windshield as suggested.

Midnight1700
05-27-2012, 07:59 PM
Even the best car covers will mar/put fine scratches in your paint. I have a Covercraft Noah. I only use it in the winter when I don't drive the car. Use a reflective sun shield for the front windshield as suggested.

:iagree:I always tell our clients to invest in window tent, windshild visor, and a high quality sealer/wax before they consider a car cover. I've seen so many car covers do more damage to the paint surfaces then leaving them uncovered. Not a good choice for protection IMO....

Rsurfer
05-27-2012, 08:03 PM
:iagree: A car cover is for a garage queen to keep the dust off.

jovanie
05-27-2012, 08:04 PM
but what if the car sleeps outsaide 24/7

Rsurfer
05-27-2012, 08:12 PM
Then let it sleep naked.
but what if the car sleeps outsaide 24/7

T0RCH3D
05-27-2012, 09:18 PM
I also have interest in this subject. I have seen what a car cover can do first hand after going to look at a car that was under a cover for about a year and the paint was pretty beat up. The exterior had RIDS over the entire car especially the roof and spoiler. Was this because of neglect or is the the side affect of covers, because in the same essence the cover will protect against other dangers like everyday UV exposure, bird droppings, acid rain and other in-air contaminants. If your car slept outside what would be your first choice convenience aside, no cover or cover?

Rsurfer
05-27-2012, 10:54 PM
No cover and two coats of Optimum Opti-Coat.
I also have interest in this subject. I have seen what a car cover can do first hand after going to look at a car that was under a cover for about a year and the paint was pretty beat up. The exterior had RIDS over the entire car especially the roof and spoiler. Was this because of neglect or is the the side affect of covers, because in the same essence the cover will protect against other dangers like everyday UV exposure, bird droppings, acid rain and other in-air contaminants. If your car slept outside what would be your first choice convenience aside, no cover or cover?

jpegs13
05-28-2012, 05:18 AM
:iagree: A car cover is for a garage queen to keep the dust off.
:iagree:. Too many potential problems with an exterior car cover. Dirt=scratches. Some covers don't breathe well and destroy paint.