PDA

View Full Version : Meguiars Ultimate Compound

carluver111
05-26-2012, 09:44 PM
My white car has always been sitting outside 24/7. It has a lot of oxidization and a chalky/dull feel when touching the surface. Here is my steps of detailing my car:

1.Wash/Dry
2. Clay bar with lubricant
3. Meguiars ultimate compound
4. Wolfgang total swirl remover
5. Wolfgang finishing glaze
6. Pinnacle Souveran wax

Is it necessary to use swirl remover after the ultimate compound?

mwoolfso
05-26-2012, 10:04 PM
WGTSR and UC are close in terms of cut. Try a test spot and skip #3 and see if you get a finish that satisfies you with the WG Twins.

jjkacz
05-26-2012, 10:11 PM
On a white car you will probably be fine going to the glaze step and skipping the swirl remover. I find that Ultimate Compound finishes really well.

carluver111
05-26-2012, 11:41 PM
Since I will be using a PC7424XP, what speed and what color Lake Country pad would you recommend for compound?

Dugdug
05-26-2012, 11:46 PM
UC by itself works great for me sometimes. Sometimes I finish with M205. Really just whatever works for you. Take some pics!

Frenchie
05-26-2012, 11:56 PM
When I use UC, I normally use the 5.5" LC Orange pad. Then finish it off with gray or white pad with a one step product like the Griots One step sealant, then top it off with blue pad and wax of choice

Puckywuckums
07-19-2012, 05:15 PM
A heads up for my fellow Canadians. Meg's UC is $14.99 at Canadian Tire......$9.99 at Walmart!:eek:

primo spaghetti
07-20-2012, 07:11 PM
IMO, im not sure id UC the entire car, only where really needed (scratches maybe) i think it is a bit too much cut for an entire car. I agree with mwoolfso, the WG twins should give you what you need. also by skipping the compound step, you could add the WG sealant before the souveran and i think you will like that result and longevity. proper wash techniques.maintenance and you wont need so much aggressive work in the long run.

99ParkAve
07-21-2012, 06:29 PM
We have white vehicles, too, and have had great results using UC on its own. I was skeptical the first time I used it, but was shocked at how well it finished without using a lighter polish. Of course, white hides any micro-marring that is left quite well, but even under a halogen light I have never seen any from using UC. I use an orange 5.5" CCS pad with the PC, and sometimes follow with Klasse AIO just to remove any residue and prepare the finish for a wax like Collinite.

habeba86
07-21-2012, 09:02 PM
I jst clayed and one stepped a blue envoy with UC on a g110v2 orange lc flat and it finished lsp ready. Topped with 4 star UPP and it looked amazing!

Alvin
07-21-2012, 10:32 PM
wash and dry and use clay bar, then use meguirar's UC and your choice of wax. will work fine, here a couple of months ago I done a White Dodge ram that looked the way you described your car. What I just described, is what i done and it turned out good.