PDA

View Full Version : Diluting APC+ For Wipedown?

Gachrid
05-26-2012, 05:11 PM
Anybody using APC or APC+ in their wash bucket or foam cannon for wipedown after compound/Polish? I have some dr.color chip to do and need something to wipedown after I compound/polish. I think I found that people used a 4:1 dilution for LSP stripping, so would that be the same for a wipedown?

Rsurfer
05-26-2012, 05:15 PM
Why not use Car Pro's Eraser?
Anybody using APC or APC+ in their wash bucket or foam cannon for wipedown after compound/Polish? I have some dr.color chip to do and need something to wipedown after I compound/polish. I think I found that people used a 4:1 dilution for LSP stripping, so would that be the same for a wipedown?

Gachrid
05-26-2012, 05:17 PM
Why not use Car Pro's Eraser?

Well I have APC+ so that's why I asked.

joenok
05-26-2012, 06:15 PM
It would not hurt i suppose. What else have you got? Some degreasers/solvents of some kind?

Gachrid
05-26-2012, 06:36 PM
Not really. I have APC and Super Degreaser. That's about it for that stuff. I plan on making an order this weekend so I guess I can grab some car pro eraser too. Just was hoping not to buy more stuff if I could use what I have. But I know eraser is well likes here.

mwoolfso
05-26-2012, 08:25 PM
Use IPA, 1:10 solution, 70% is fine. It's cheaper than APC+ and will be safer overall for the next step.

Chris Thomas
05-27-2012, 12:30 PM
APC needs to be rinsed.

bmwgalore
05-27-2012, 01:33 PM

I drop 1oz of Optimum ACP (http://www.autogeek.net/128oz-optimum-power-clean-apc.html) in the wash bucket and wash the car normally.
Then I rinse all the stuff VERY well.
The APC does wonders in removing any old polish residues an oil traces, but you have to make sure it has been completely rinsed off.

Bigbull2984
05-27-2012, 02:27 PM
I bought some MEgs APC + also, OP I would use the APC+ followed by a quick rinse less wash.

Also the APC+ and BF APC, is it the same stuff I read the description and just couldn't see why the BF was so much more.

Hooked Up
05-24-2021, 05:57 PM
Is there a reason why you can't use an IPA like someone suggested? I would think that would be safer as well.