PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of starting my own radio program

Pages : [1] 2

Flash Gordon
05-26-2012, 11:17 AM
There is a AM station here that sells one hour slots for a very reasonable price. They also provide live streaming so I guess it could go world wide?

My question is if I did this should I have guests or just run through the hour alone?

I think this would be very exciting!!! :)

Flash Gordon
05-26-2012, 11:19 AM
Here is a guy rambling now. I know I would be more intresting then he is :)

Listen Online (http://www.kwam990.com/listen-live.aspx)

Setec Astronomy
05-26-2012, 11:46 AM
Flash, maybe you could stream in detailing forum guests through Skype or maybe just on the phone...I'm sure you could get a pretty good audience from here...or are you trying to get customers?

Flash Gordon
05-26-2012, 12:01 PM
Flash, maybe you could stream in detailing forum guests through Skype or maybe just on the phone...I'm sure you could get a pretty good audience from here...or are you trying to get customers?

That would be cool if ppl from here would join in, but it wouldn't have to always be detail related. I have many intrests

Did anyone hear the guy on there now almost choke to death on his spit a few minutes ago? I promise you I will never choke under pressure like he did

:)

Setec Astronomy
05-26-2012, 12:13 PM
The Flash Network...gotta love it!

alko
05-26-2012, 12:22 PM
Flash I think you'd actually do great...you're controversial and would probably bring in alot of listeners. But the main thing if you're interested in doing it and think you'd have fun, I say go for it.

BostonDetails
05-26-2012, 12:37 PM
That would be great because if listeners got bored of one flash you could just switch personalities!

You would be the Howard Stern of the detailing community.

BobbyG
05-26-2012, 12:41 PM

Oh My God that's good!! :props:

dad07
05-26-2012, 01:45 PM

OH yeh thats good ! Love it!

jjkacz
05-26-2012, 10:27 PM
I would not do it solo. All the of podcasts that I listen to have more than one person on the show. It's always more interesting to have different people's opinions. What topic would you be covering?

IID
05-27-2012, 01:41 AM
Interesting Flash.
How much do they charge for an hour slot?

Flash Gordon
05-28-2012, 07:57 AM

I like it!

Flash I think you'd actually do great...you're controversial and would probably bring in alot of listeners. But the main thing if you're interested in doing it and think you'd have fun, I say go for it.

I don't mean to be controversal, I just have a hard time with
a) Keeping my piehole shut
b) Being phony

I really do think it would be a lot of fun!

I would not do it solo. All the of podcasts that I listen to have more than one person on the show. It's always more interesting to have different people's opinions. What topic would you be covering?

I think you're right. I need to get someone who thinks differently then me to sit along side or call in. Good idea! Thanks!

I guess we could start out talking about Detailing Forums or Manufactures? Forums or Manufactures who don't sponser my show get the smacketh down layeth upon them

Interesting Flash.
How much do they charge for an hour slot?

Unless I heard the guy wrong, $250 an hour. This includes streaming it live and webcam, plus they plug your show during the week to try and attrack listeners

Mike Phillips
05-28-2012, 08:45 AM
There used to be a show on KFI in SoCal called the Phil Hendrie show, man this guy was out there...

I think the premise of his show was he played host and the people that called in.

Strange...

A-train
05-28-2012, 10:18 AM
You should do it. I listen to Mel Craig's detailing podcast. But like you said you could talk about anything. You can always get through a show talking a little conspiracy theory ?!

Flash Gordon
05-28-2012, 12:31 PM
There used to be a show on KFI in SoCal called the Phil Hendrie show, man this guy was out there...

I think the premise of his show was he played host and the people that called in.

Strange...

I listen to Phil Hendrie as often as possible. You're right, that guy is a gas, but he comes on to late. I'm going to need a prime time slot for my show. I'm thinking M-F 6-7PM CDT?

You should do it. I listen to Mel Craig's detailing podcast. But like you said you could talk about anything. You can always get through a show talking a little conspiracy theory ?!

Mel Craig is the master of panic as far as I'm concerned. Ask that guy a question and he goes into operation shut down mode. Unlike Mel, I will be able to answer your questions

The conspiracy theory concept could be pretty cool! We could start with the EZ Wheel Brush and go from there!