PDA

View Full Version : Disappointed

Pages : [1] 2

Hitman0150
05-26-2012, 07:15 AM
I polished and waxed my car yesterday with lime prime and some dodo juice wax. Usually last for a while. And always great beading. I parked under a tree and it rained and now no beading what so ever... should I get a higher quality wax to protect from the tree run off?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

swanicyouth
05-26-2012, 07:25 AM
Something is wrong. Dodo is pretty high quality. Maybe some kind of film got on it from the tree. I would leave it alone and top the Dodo with more Dodo next time you wash.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?rvjvwj

MadMerc
05-26-2012, 07:43 AM
Something is wrong. Dodo is pretty high quality. Maybe some kind of film got on it from the tree. I would leave it alone and top the Dodo with more Dodo next time you wash.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?rvjvwj

Agree. Pollen and/or sap will almost negate the wax's ability to bead. Happens to me all the time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using AG Online

Hitman0150
05-26-2012, 08:07 AM
So their is no wax that is stronger that I should use

MI Mike
05-26-2012, 09:07 AM
Hitman0150;681053]I polished and waxed my car yesterday with lime prime and some dodo juice wax. Usually last for a while. And always great beading. I parked under a tree and it rained and now no beading what so ever... should I get a higher quality wax to protect from the tree run off?

You are going to get alot of personal (feelings) on this issue. Everyone has their favorites and what they are trying to accomplish.

For me, it's Duragloss, topped with Collinite 476/845. Here you have the best of both worlds. Durability and longevity.

mwoolfso
05-26-2012, 09:09 AM
Rest assured it is not the Dodo.

Pollen is nasty for any kind of protection layer on a car or surface. Not only will pollen ATTACH to your wax layer, it will also attach itself to the water droplets as well! Tight-beading from any type of protection layer would be diminished as a result; which is what you saw. This stuff is worse than dust.

You cannot simply wipe, QD or brush off the pollen since you will certainly strip off some protection by virtue of the method used and the pollen itself ( a double-whammy ).

I washed my car yesterday to remove the pollen layer that accumulated over 2 layers of BFWD not more than one month old. The beading pattern on my car changed dramatically just in the last week alone.

Try a maintenance wash and see if the beading returns. If that doesn't return the beading then consider tweaking your detailing process; maybe even your parking habits as well. LOL

To increase your durability you want to inhibit pollen attaching to your vehicle as much as possible, and then permit nature to assist as well in moving the pollen off your vehicle using natural forces. The more nature works for you, the better for your protection layer.

Try 1-2 sealant layers after Lime Prime and then at least 1 layer of Dodo. You will see better "performance" if you increase "protection".

For me, next year I will combat pollen season as follows. Just before pollen season I will do my normal correction and then 2 coats of BFWD. The LSP will be OCW. OCW will be the sacrificial layer to the pollen. Once pollen season is over I will do a really good wash or QD and then add a layer or two of Dodo or Collinite.

MadMerc
05-26-2012, 09:09 AM
It's not really the wax that you are using. It's just the pollen and sap that effects the water as it sits on your car.
All should be well once you wash your car again. I used Diamond White about a month ago, and the same thing happens to me.
You could try another wax, but the same thing will probably happen.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using AG Online

BostonDetails
05-26-2012, 09:26 AM
once dirt/pollen/sap breaks the surface tension of the wax it will stop beading. Wash it off and you will find that it beads again.

Hitman0150
05-26-2012, 09:46 AM
Sealant then wax. Any specific sealant you guys prefer for Pearl white paint?

BostonDetails
05-26-2012, 10:12 AM
blackfire or Wolfgang sealants are great. It won't matter once the surface tension breaks though, you will get the same problem. I park under a huge willow tree where I live. It sucks.

MadMerc
05-26-2012, 10:20 AM
Sealant then wax. Any specific sealant you guys prefer for Pearl white paint?

I just used JetSeal 109 on my Fusion that's Pearl White. Two coats of that plus a coat of Dodo Diamond White. I live the look!
I have been topping with Red Mist Tropical after every wash.

BostonDetails
05-26-2012, 10:24 AM
I've heard of people using collinite 845 on white to help with the shine. haven't done it myself but sound like a great idea.

Hitman0150
05-26-2012, 06:19 PM
Heavy pollen in my area. I have to pretty much wash or rinse daily..

BobbyG
05-26-2012, 06:23 PM
I've heard of people using collinite 845 on white to help with the shine. haven't done it myself but sound like a great idea.

Collinite 845 is one of those waxes that tough to beat regardless of the cost. For $15.00 a bottle you can't afford not to have some on the shelf....:props:

Hitman0150
05-27-2012, 02:49 PM
Gonna order some cg jet seal, v36,v38 and some black light.....