PDA

View Full Version : Detail in midnight

wukin
05-25-2012, 09:53 PM
Have anyone try to detail in the midnight? I have planned to do so but I am afraid to run a buffer that may disturb my neighbors.:buffing:

alko
05-25-2012, 09:58 PM
I have...I've gone to about 3 or 4 in the morning. This was in my fiancee's house and she lives in a townhouse. And come to find out she lives next to a couple that likes to complain about EVERYTHING in the world. Do you have a townhouse?

rider9195
05-25-2012, 10:04 PM
I have stayed up polishing till about 1 am once. Had to get it done. But I like doing the quiet and relaxing jobs late at night, like all the small details and touch ups.

alko
05-25-2012, 10:14 PM
You know what Ryan...I found it very theraputic detailing at night.

rider9195
05-25-2012, 10:21 PM

I do too. Nobody to interrupt me, no machines running like crazy, just maybe some background music. Makes detailing even more enjoyable.

ziggo99
05-25-2012, 10:23 PM
I can picture Alex with those heat pads for candles, except he has his paste wax on them, making the garage smell like bananas or oranges.

davidc11291
05-25-2012, 10:41 PM
I usually end up detailing past midnight at least once per week. Week before last, I was in a crunch, had more work than I could handle, deadlines that had to be met, and detailed all the way through to 6 in the morning. That was a bad idea. I realized that I reach a certain point of exhaustion, and my productivity goes waaaay down. I get so tired that it takes me 5 hrs to do what should've taken 2, and my quality of work suffers.

As a general rule, though, I love detailing late at night. I'm nocturnal by nature (seriously). If you're inside the garage with the door down, it shouldn't bother the neighbors. You've GOT to keep your garage clean. If you don't have plenty of room, you'll get slowed down and your productivity will drop. You've also got to have REALLY good lighting. Everything looks clean when it's not well lit.

Just my thoughts.

RoyalBlUE08
05-25-2012, 10:48 PM

i feel the same way!

detailing at night is sort of relaxing to me especially when your the only one outside listening to music on a very low volume with no one bothering you!

its almost like sitting in my boat in the moonlight anchored up just lookin at the stars lol

brlukosk
05-25-2012, 10:48 PM
Seconded on the lighting. I detail my car evenings and nights working full time with a 6 year old kid. When I first started and didn't have good lighting I ended up having to redo everything. :(

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

wukin
05-25-2012, 11:04 PM
Thanks for all your opinions. I have a full time job and no garage, so I have to work outside overnight when I have a dayoff. Well, with my buffer running...

Bates Detailing
05-25-2012, 11:07 PM
As a 24/7 company - we make sure to whisper after 10 pm :dblthumb2:

timaishu
05-26-2012, 12:12 AM
You guys are nuts.