PDA

View Full Version : Paste wax (BFMS) with a DA

Bigbull2984
05-25-2012, 08:39 PM
Is there any benefits of applying a paste wax like Blackfire midnight sun with a DA? IF so what pad would you use?

The grey or red CCS HIGHgloss 4inch or hydrotech crimson?

shoeless89
05-25-2012, 08:44 PM
A couple benefits are fast application, more uniform application, and less product usage. Those are just generalities. I prefer to apply paste waxes by hand though. You could use any of those pads you listed. I would go with a grey LC pad for a paste wax. The softer pads don't grab the wax off the block of wax enough IMO.

Sent from my DROID Pro using Tapatalk 2

Bigbull2984
05-25-2012, 08:53 PM
Shoeless89 Thanks again, you have actually replied to a couple of my questions.

I see you are in KY. I am currently in Charleston WV, and ill be here for another year.....:(

Ok I see there is a blue pad too!!! to many choices.

Bigbull2984
05-25-2012, 08:54 PM

I see you are in KY. I am currently in Charleston WV, and ill be here for another year.....:(

shoeless89
05-25-2012, 08:59 PM

No problem man! We all help eachother. Is Charleston that bad? And a Red LC pad is my go-to LSP application pad.

Sent from my DROID Pro using Tapatalk 2

Bill1234
05-25-2012, 09:45 PM
Some benefits include
Less chance of getting swirls
less product use
faster work time
less energy used =)
More even coat

Bunky
05-26-2012, 06:00 AM
The other benefit of a thin more uniform application is ease of removal. I will use a LC blue or red but never have used LC HT Crimson (has some cut) with a pure wax. The LC Crimson would be good with a cleaner wax or all in one.