PDA

View Full Version : Window Cleaners

spitshine1
05-25-2012, 06:44 PM
Hello Everyone.
I have a detail question.
I am getting a film on the inside of my windows when i turn on the ac.
What products have you found that works well to cut this?
Should i be using paper towels or microfiber towels?

Lastly what you guys think of the window master product. Its the tool that can reach at the corners of the windows.
Thank you for all your help in advance.Feed back please

mjlinane
05-25-2012, 07:11 PM
I like Chemical Guys Glassworkz. I use the Glass Master. Haven't found anything better. Not paper towels.

BobbyG
05-25-2012, 07:19 PM
Do you smell antifreeze?

Glass Cleaner - Meguiar's Glass Cleaner (http://www.autogeek.net/mg12001.html)

I always like to use Microfiber waffle weave glass towels; one to wash the glass and the other to dry it. Always use a clean towel when cleaning glass...

The Master tool you mention works well for those hard to reach areas...:props:

InkedXombie
05-25-2012, 07:46 PM
I've found that this has less to do with the AC and more to do with chemical fumes releasing from the dashboard materials. I've found time and time again you can minimize this "haze" inside the windows by properly treating your dash with a protectant. Meguiar's glass cleaner works, Eagle One Glass cleaner also does a very good job. Always use microfiber towels.

Isaiahjones12
05-25-2012, 07:48 PM
I love Invisible Glass cleaner! I use it with 2 microfiber towels.

1. For wiping the product in the window
2. For a nice streak free finish with no left over residue.

bmwgalore
05-25-2012, 07:52 PM
To clean the inside of your windshield, I'd say Fog Fight (http://www.autogeek.net/carpro-fog-fight-kit.html).

To clean everything else, I'd say Meguiars Glass Cleaner (http://www.autogeek.net/mg12001.html). It can be diluted to some crazy ratios (400 to 1), so it will last forever, literally.

Invisible Glass Cleaner is great too, but I'm not sure if they make gallon size..

cleanmycorolla
05-25-2012, 09:10 PM
I'd suggest stoners....if not, maybe try to Megs...

Quattro3.2
05-25-2012, 09:15 PM
i am a huge fan of iso alcohol/distilled water and a few microfibers. If not, stoners is a good choice.

nrsk4u
05-25-2012, 09:25 PM
I love Invisible Glass cleaner! I use it with 2 microfiber towels.

1. For wiping the product in the window
2. For a nice streak free finish with no left over residue.

+! :xyxthumbs:

feslope
05-25-2012, 09:31 PM
Aquapel. I like the foam on the glass effect. I realize this is not the favored way to use glass cleaner but, I am just doing my own cars.

Robert8194
05-25-2012, 09:32 PM
The new Meguiars perfect clarity spray is great. My new favorite.

Alvin
05-25-2012, 09:36 PM
Stoners 2or 3 microfiber towels will work fine

Bunky
05-26-2012, 06:09 AM
I have tried quite a few glass cleaners and most work but tend to like Sprayway most although not really an aerosol fan. The non-alcohol type cleaners (CG Glossworkz, DP) may need a little extra buffing if you spray a lot on the glass since the alcohol does not evaporate like it does with say Stoners.

It is very important to have two clean microfiber towels - one for the initial pass then the drying towel. You change the drying towel out if it gets too damp. You should go over the glass one extra pass even if appears dry to be sure.

If you are cleaning really nasty glass, I would use a scrubbing terry cloth applicator with the window cleaner to really try to break up the oils and film on the glass then clean.

Infinitiman
05-26-2012, 06:21 PM
I use meguiars glass cleaner and works great. The key is to not use to much product. As for the film, is it on the inside or outsidr could be related to humidity. The glass master is one of the best tool when cleaning glass , inside or out. It comes with two detachable heads which I use, one with a multi purpose bonnet on which I spay the cleaner then a microfiber bonnet to buff of any remaining product. Get yourself a couple of the assorted bonnet sets, speeds things up. I use to dread cleaning the windows ,if you try it you will be hooked.