PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning Opti Coat

cfarley27
05-25-2012, 03:03 PM
I read you can clean opti coat with opti seal but I don't have any and it's not OTC. Can I use a cleaner wax by hand or red finishing pad to clean OC instead of opti seal? Thanks guys!

mwoolfso
05-25-2012, 03:37 PM
I read you can clean opti coat with opti seal but I don't have any and it's not OTC. Can I use a cleaner wax by hand or red finishing pad to clean OC instead of opti seal? Thanks guys!

You can "clean" opti-coat (OC) with poli-seal. Opti-seal has no cleaners in the product.

Since OC adds another permanent layer on top of the clearcoat I don't believe you need to do anything different in maintaining the vehicle.

cfarley27
05-25-2012, 04:05 PM
You can "clean" opti-coat (OC) with poli-seal. Opti-seal has no cleaners in the product.

Since OC adds another permanent layer on top of the clearcoat I don't believe you need to do anything different in maintaining the vehicle.

poli-seal is what I meant in my first post :xyxthumbs: thanks for the catch.

Chris Thomas
05-25-2012, 05:03 PM
Some cleaner waxes use chemicals to clean while others use abrasives. Any chemical AIO will be fine. PoliSeal has both, but not enough abrasives to penetrate the coating if fully hardened and used like applying a wax (spread over the panel in a single pass, light film, finishing pad, light pressure).You can even just wipe it down with prepsol or mineral spirits which should be faster anyway.