PDA

View Full Version : I'm am torn between products or nothing at all....

rockford33
05-25-2012, 02:16 PM
Well, been looking at the Tornador Black for quite some time, but I think my compressor is a little on the small side (4 gallon, 6 CFM). I can solve that by daisy chaining in an extra 10 gallon tank though... but would only be used when I clean interiors, which is not at every wash.

Or maybe the Metro Air Force Blaster for drying (Master Blaster too much $$$ right now and not confident on my garage circuitry at 15 amp - blows randomly sometimes with lesser loads). Could use that every time I wash a car.

Or maybe save my money. I only do my car and the wife's car, and even that isn't often as it seems time is always in short supply. I'm happy if I get to wash them each once per month or even every 2 weeks lately (haven't polished either for over a year - please don't shoot me, lol).

Any thoughts? I can easily afford one tool or the other right now, but do I need either? Useful for sure.... I am still leaning towards the Tornador since there are always those areas to clean that my hand just doesn't fit easily and I understand it can be used for cleaning and applying dressings.

Feed back please

decisions, decisions....

Thank You,
Neil

Flash Gordon
05-25-2012, 02:49 PM
What is daisy chaining?

rockford33
05-25-2012, 02:55 PM
What is daisy chaining?

I have read where you can take one of those 10 gallon tanks, add a T fitting to the inlet, one side connects to your outlet from the compressor, and put a quick connect fitting on the other side to connect up to the tool. So when the compressor turns on, it fills up its tank, the spare tank, and then you connect your air tool and have access to both tanks, so 14 gallons in my case.

How to Add a Tank to an Air Compressor | eHow.com (http://www.ehow.com/how_7974653_add-tank-air-compressor.html)

-Neil

Flash Gordon
05-25-2012, 03:08 PM
I have read where you can take one of those 10 gallon tanks, add a T fitting to the inlet, one side connects to your outlet from the compressor, and put a quick connect fitting on the other side to connect up to the tool. So when the compressor turns on, it fills up its tank, the spare tank, and then you connect your air tool and have access to both tanks, so 14 gallons in my case.

How to Add a Tank to an Air Compressor | eHow.com (http://www.ehow.com/how_7974653_add-tank-air-compressor.html)

-Neil

Well isn't that neat!

I've never used either of the machines you mentioned, so my opinion would be worthless as to which one to get

Hopefully someone else will come along

Webb
05-25-2012, 04:27 PM
To buy the Metro Air Force Blaster just for drying purposes I think is a waste.If you had a shop or something or if you have enough money and a nice garage...

Like me I'm not in the detail business,so I look for the cheapest within a reason.

I only do my car and maybe once or twice a year a family member.So we are in the same boat,don't waste your money on that Metro Air Force Blaster just for 2 cars.I have an older wet/vac from craftsman,not sure how many gallons,but I paid $95.00 for it and it does a great job as a vacuum and blower.

Stop by Sears/Home Depot and look at them,nice quality and 1/3 of the Metro Air Force Blaster.