PDA

View Full Version : Hello from FL

freeclear
05-25-2012, 07:26 AM
Hello everyone! I have used the forums for quite a few years now taking care of my 07 Toyota Camry. It silver and my road warrior. I drive 75 miles 3x a week to Boca Raton and I drive by the Autogeek headquarters each day. Using the products and techniques from the board I have kept my car in good condition 110k miles later.

Since the Camry was easy to take care of and everything is so well documented on the site, I never needed to sign up to ask a question. Last weekend, though, we bought a new car. A 2012 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring in Stormy Blue Mica. This is my first dark color in a long while and I want to keep it looking good, but I'm afraid to touch it :o . I'm worried I'll do more harm than good. My plan is to wash it (already done this morning), polish, and protect right away with the products I have. I'll worry about really prettying it up later.

I have the Wolfgang system (wash, polish, sealant) and picked up some new gear from The Driver's Seat, a local store that sells many Autogeek products retail (benefit of living near the headquarters I suppose :) ). I use everything by hand, but may invest in a machine at a later date.

I also have a problem writing short posts :) .

Look forward to talking with you all.

Mike

Mike Phillips
05-25-2012, 07:30 AM
Hi Mike,

Welcome to Autogeek Online!

I use everything by hand, but may invest in a machine at a later date.

Mike

Dang, you should have stopped by our studio last night, we had a team of people here buffing out two very cool cars. Most of the guys either knew how to machine polish or came here and learned how to machine polish.

Three guys were brand new to machine polishing and they were able to learn with instruction on a 1967 A.C. Cobra and a 1949 Packard.

I host these Thursday Night Clinic about ever other week and ALWAYS announce them on the bottom of the forum homepage.

:xyxthumbs:

freeclear
05-25-2012, 07:36 AM
That's funny, Mike. I applied to the forum last night while I was watching the broadcast! If I had watched the site closer, I would have stopped by. I was driving by right around 5 too. I actually stopped by the headquarters Monday evening just to take a look and say 'hi', but it was after closing time :( .

I also want to commend Autogeek on really building a great site. It was always full of information, but the videos, content, and expert advice seems to really have ramped up since I was first on. This seems to coincide with Mike joining the team. Congratulations to you all.

Mike

BobbyG
05-25-2012, 07:40 AM
:welcome: To Autogeek Online!

freeclear
05-25-2012, 07:52 AM
Thanks BobbyG.

Submitted my first post :)

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/ask-expert-featuring-mike-phillips/50705-lsp-suggestions-mazda-cx9-stormy-blue-mica.html#post680382

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Mike