PDA

View Full Version : is there a need for 2 bucket method when car is foamed?

spyghost
05-25-2012, 12:41 AM
we all know how the 2 bucket method works - 1 wash solution and 1 rinse solution with grit guard for each.

what if the car is foamed (totally foamed) and just a single bucket with grit guard is used for rinsing every after wipe of the foamed car?

anyone tried if its effective against swirls? - havent' received my foamer yet so can't test

habeba86
05-25-2012, 12:48 AM
Thats what I do, jst a rinse bucket

jpegs13
05-25-2012, 02:48 AM
I like to foam and rinse before using the 2 bucket method. The foam and rinse helps remove the "heavy" stuff first.

neat e34
05-25-2012, 03:56 AM
As above, if you want to use the foam as your car soap I would foam the car, let dwell, rinse clean.
Then foam again, wash with mitt & rinse bucket.
I generally use my foam gun as a pre-soak to loosen any dirt then rinse off whatever has been loosened.
I then use the 2bm but you could use the foam as your soap at that stage

Bunky
05-25-2012, 05:22 AM
What is the concern about the second rinse bucket?

The second rinse bucket is more important than having a grit guard in it if that was really the reason for the question.

When I foam, I rinse, then foam (let sit on paint for wash), then use normal 2 bucket wash.

BobbyG
05-25-2012, 06:28 AM
I like to foam and rinse before using the 2 bucket method. The foam and rinse helps remove the "heavy" stuff first.

Same here....:props:

I rinse the car down with a hose then foam it up and let it sit. This allows the foam to soften and dissolve surface debris and contaminates and then rinse the bulk of the crap away without ever touching the finish...
Wash as usual...

Setec Astronomy
05-25-2012, 07:31 AM
what if the car is foamed (totally foamed) and just a single bucket with grit guard is used for rinsing every after wipe of the foamed car?

Thats what I do, jst a rinse bucket

+1

bigez
05-25-2012, 08:18 AM
Is there any reason the "rinse" bucket needs to be water only? I've been putting car shampoo in there as well....and seem to like this idea better.

Setec Astronomy
05-25-2012, 08:25 AM
Is there any reason the "rinse" bucket needs to be water only? I've been putting car shampoo in there as well....and seem to like this idea better.

If I'm doing a conventional wash, I use just water in the rinse bucket--it gets plenty of soap in it pretty fast once you rinse the first time. If I'm doing a rinseless, I do a half strength solution in the rinse bucket to keep from diluting the primary wash bucket and reducing my lubricity. Probably not necessary but gives me a little more peace of mind.

shoeless89
05-25-2012, 02:59 PM

:iagree: Thats the exact same thing I do

oldmodman
06-01-2012, 04:18 PM
I hit the car with foam. Let it set and when it has almost all turned back into watery soap I wash the car off then start actually washing it using the two bucket method.

But if the car is incredibly filthy it gets two foam bathes before I start the two bucket wash method.