PDA

View Full Version : Memorial Day and What...

dad07
05-24-2012, 11:00 PM
it's really about!

I may be a little early but I have to get started.

A day of rememberance!

For those who have served and those whom are serving. From the bottom of my heart

Thank you! for all that you do and Have done!

As we head into this long weekend Please be safe and lets take a moment to reflect on what we ask of our military, what they have done,and what they will do!

Because of them we wouldn't be here, on this forum,talking about the things we do!

maximus20895
05-24-2012, 11:23 PM
http://www.ds-sewing.com/american_flags/american_flag_big.gif

snellvilleauto
05-24-2012, 11:48 PM
http://www.ds-sewing.com/american_flags/american_flag_big.gif

Salute.
The Pledge of Allegiance and Star Spangled Banner were the first two things i memorized. Being a refugee, I'm proud of this country and this is my Home. I became an American citizen as soon as i hit 5 years living in this country. It has been 25 years now and i'm living the American dream. My Pop left everything behind and took us on a little boat to escape the communist regime. He sacrificed so much so i can live the American dream (i'm tearings just thinking of him). Just in case anyone care, he's a Viet Nam Vet. He joined the American military when the US were in Viet Nam in 1954-75. Thanks Pop for everything you've done for me.

flyinion
05-25-2012, 01:50 AM
Thanks to all who have served and all who are currently serving. You are appreciated greatly :)

-me
US Navy 1991-1997

BillE
05-25-2012, 06:35 AM
Salute.
The Pledge of Allegiance and Star Spangled Banner were the first two things i memorized. Being a refugee, I'm proud of this country and this is my Home. I became an American citizen as soon as i hit 5 years living in this country. It has been 25 years now and i'm living the American dream. My Pop left everything behind and took us on a little boat to escape the communist regime. He sacrificed so much so i can live the American dream (i'm tearings just thinking of him). Just in case anyone care, he's a Viet Nam Vet. He joined the American military when the US were in Viet Nam in 1954-75. Thanks Pop for everything you've done for me.

Thank you for posting this.

I just don't have the words that expresses how good this made me feel. But for sure, I am proud to stand tall and say, "This man is my friend and fellow citizen."

Bill

Klasse Act
05-25-2012, 07:19 AM
I'm going back home to Detroit this weekend and will spending the weekend with my buddy and his family, he spent a year of his life in Iraq, I'm thankful for that and REALLY thankful that he came back in one piece!

BIG THANKS to all you other vets, your service is greatly appreciated!!

dad07
05-25-2012, 11:12 AM
Salute.

Thank you for Posting......very heart warming story and a big Thank You to your Pop!

Thank you for posting this.

I just don't have the words that expresses how good this made me feel. But for sure, I am proud to stand tall and say, "This man is my friend and fellow citizen."

Bill

:iagree: Teared up a little bit.

Finemess
05-25-2012, 11:14 AM
A big thanks to all vets for your service.

vet
05-25-2012, 11:28 AM
Memorial Day is so much more than the opening of the swimming pool, picnics, and sales at the stores. Not that any of that is bad, it just helps diminish the true meaning.

This 'Nam vet salutes and thanks all who served, and all now serving. I also thank those who didn't serve, but remember and respect those who did.

GOD BLESS THE USA!!!

snellvilleauto
05-25-2012, 11:05 PM
Memorial Day and July 4th is two of my favorite holidays. God Bless the U.S. of A for sure.

BillE
05-26-2012, 07:26 AM
Memorial Day is so much more than the opening of the swimming pool, picnics, and sales at the stores. Not that any of that is bad, it just helps diminish the true meaning.

This 'Nam vet salutes and thanks all who served, and all now serving. I also thank those who didn't serve, but remember and respect those who did.

GOD BLESS THE USA!!!

Amen Brother, Amen.

Bill

vet
05-26-2012, 07:34 AM
Thanks Bill!

alko
05-28-2012, 07:43 AM
I want to say THANK YOU to those that serve past and present. Without you men and women, we wouldn't be able to type these messages of thanks! Freedom isn't free...THANK YOU for fighting for our freedom.

Thank you, Tim, for starting this thread. Memorial Day isn't about the sales at the malls or the cookouts....its about those that have served and paid the ultimate sacrifice so that we are able to eat with family and friends.

http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m629/alk0/2012_USDA_Memorial_Day_Poster_600X400.jpg

alko
05-28-2012, 07:47 AM
Salute.

Reading this really makes me proud to be an American. There are some Americans who doesn't even display this much pride. I want to thank you for sharing your story and thank you to your Dad for serving our country. God bless you and your family.