PDA

View Full Version : MEGS APC+ and polished billet wheels

AllenK
05-24-2012, 10:31 PM
I am trying a new protectant on the tires of my truck the next time I wash it. I want to strip the tires clean so I can judge how well I like the new product. My truck has polished billet wheels on it. I plan to polish the wheels as well.

I recently purchased a gallon of MEGS APC+. Is it safe for my wheels at all? The wheels aren't very dirty at all,and they usually clean up very well with just soap and water. As I said I just need to really clean my tires good. Can I dilute it enough to be safe for the wheels and still be effective at cleaning the tires?

The APC+ is all I have right now besides Purple Power. No way will I use the Purple Power at all! I am out of A2Z,and I just used all of my Mother'sFoaming Wheel Cleaner too. I know the Mother's isn't for uncoated aluminum,and I've had A2Z make streaks in the aluminum too.

szjalo
05-25-2012, 02:00 AM
yes, Meg's APC+ is safe on most wheels and tires. I usually use 10:1 dilution with 10 parts of water 1 part of chemical; if you feel the wheel/ tire is from the hell, you could also try 4:1. but usually 10:1 should do the work. make sure you scrub the tires very well.