PDA

View Full Version : sap on convertible

BAB Cobra
05-24-2012, 09:33 PM
Question about removing Pine tree sap on 04' Mustang vert. the sap has hardened over winter, and is leaving a yellow stain on the Parchment top. I've tried using Raggtop cleaner to no avail. I've tried using Dawn dish soap, nail polish remover, and I still have the stains. The top is vinyl. I am considering trying a weak solution of bleach and water.
If you have any solutions I would be happy to hear them. Anybody want to chime in is welcome.

dad07
05-24-2012, 09:39 PM
I have a 03 vert....top color is black and I"ll use ARO...or.....OPC to clean. Then UTTG to protect.

I have had real good luck with ARO on the lighter colored tops then Raggtop to protect.

BAB Cobra
05-24-2012, 09:41 PM
I have a 03 vert....top color is black and I"ll use ARO...or.....OPC to clean. Then UTTG to protect.

I have had real good luck with ARO on the lighter colored tops then Raggtop to protect.

Thanks for your response, without sounding like a newby, but what is ARO, OPC, and UTTG?

dad07
05-24-2012, 09:55 PM
Thanks for your response, without sounding like a newby, but what is ARO, OPC, and UTTG?

Sorry didn't look at your post count.:welcome: to AGO!

ARO- Amazing Roll Off

OPC- Optimum Power Clean

UTTG- Ultima Tire and Trim Guard

all available here at AG.

RaggTop is a very good protectant....I myself not fond of its cleaner and it's ability to really clean.

Light colored tops (White-Tan etc.) clean with ARO or OPC. Protect with Raggtopp.

Black tops Clean with ARO or OPC then protect with UTTG as it darkens the top and gives that "like new" look.

I use these for vinyl tops only........for fabric tops its RaggTopp all the way.

BAB Cobra
05-24-2012, 10:06 PM
Thanks a boat load dad07. I tried to figure out the words to the abbreviations but had no luck, so thanks allot for helping me out. Looks like I need to place an order to get this taken care of.

dad07
05-24-2012, 10:30 PM
Thanks a boat load dad07. I tried to figure out the words to the abbreviations but had no luck, so thanks allot for helping me out. Looks like I need to place an order to get this taken care of.

Hey thats what being part of this great forum is to help right?

As always follow the manufacturer's directions for use and test on a small section first.

Happy Detailing BAB......would love to see pics of that MULE!