PDA

View Full Version : Metro Blaster question before I pull the trigger tonight!

Grifftech
05-24-2012, 08:37 PM
I saw it is listed as 19 amps and my household circuits are 20 amps and I will have this plugged in the garage on the same circuit that the shop lights are on and some other things and I am worry about this bad boy popping the circuit all the time. has anyone had issues with it? I would just upgrade the circuit breaker but the wiring in the house is made for more amps.

Thanks,

Chris

2.5 hours to decide to order.. ahhhhhh

Mobile detail
05-24-2012, 08:42 PM
I haven't had any problems. I know that if you flip both switches at the same time, it can pop the breaker. The trick is to flip on one switch let the motor start and then flip the other motor on that way your not drawing full start up amps at once.

The only time I've had a problem is with my electric cord reel. It has a 13 amp breaker and if I run it off that, it will pop the 13 amp breaker, but it has never popped the house one. I also run my extractor or compressor at the same time and those draw a lot of amps. I think you'll be fine. Its a great machine if you have the money for it.

theparmachine
05-24-2012, 10:04 PM
I problems here either. I usually run it for 10-15 minutes at a time. Both switches always.

Just get it.

okleyguy
05-24-2012, 10:09 PM
I have the 8 hp and even if you ease into it it will still blow the breaker after about 3 min. I have to plug mine Into the outside plug for it to work. Don't hesitate the master b,aster 2 is the best money you could spend. :xyxthumbs:

SR99
05-24-2012, 10:17 PM
Yes, definitely run on a 20A circuit if you plan to switch both on. As someone mentioned, it's a good idea to wait a few seconds after the first before hitting the second. I've never popped a breaker on a 20A circuit.

For many parts of the car (like wheels, lugs) I only run 1.

CEE DOG
05-24-2012, 10:20 PM
Yep, I run on a 15 amp and so I turn it on one switch at a time.
Occasionally it flips... Maybe once per hour of run time on a 15A

I asked David at DF this year and he said it is not hurting it that I'm running it on there as long as it's working.

DARK HORSE
05-24-2012, 10:21 PM

I asked David at DF this year and he said it is not hurting it that I'm running it on there as long as it's working.

:cheers:

Bunky
05-25-2012, 05:52 AM
Enjoy. It is a nice machine.

ScottB
05-25-2012, 09:19 PM

:props:

Grifftech
05-25-2012, 09:50 PM
That bad boy is on the way and I CANT wait!!.. I am gonna blow dry everything, I am gonna pull it in the house and when the wife steps out of the shower she is gonna get Master Blasted :) lol

bigez
05-25-2012, 09:58 PM
How powerful is it with just one motor on?? I'm thinking it's got to be stronger than this little hand held one I got from CGuys.